More GTA 5 Leaked Code shows PC Version is the base version and is finished.

Anult

If its true the console "gamers" will be soooooooooooooooooo pissed!

PC game ported to consoles?

Whooo , great news

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

It doesn't matter if any of this is untrue.

You would have to be stupid to think there is no PC version coming....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

If it's ready-to-go... What are they waiting for?

They want PC gamers to buy it on console first so they don't miss out on the hype, then buy it again when it's released on PC, meaning two purchases from a lot of PC gamers (including me lol). And to reduce piracy.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

IV I thought was a good optimized port imo, unlike Dark souls 

what is so bad about the darksouls port? pc is best version imo. 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

what is so bad about the darksouls port? pc is best version imo. 

If you use mods for it like textures, resolution and unlock it to 60fps then its a ton better. Those SHOULD all be in game options anyways. I play it on pc for it to look and play smoother, not to cap my fps and look like shit.

I question the validity of using xml coding to prove a point.

just because it was developed ON the pc does not mean that it developed FOR the pc,  anyone remember devs kits ?

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I question the validity of using xml coding to prove a point.

just because it was developed ON the pc does not mean that it developed FOR the pc,  anyone remember devs kits ?

The same person who posted this xml document also posted leaked code regarding the existence of a pc version. Rockstar then demanded that the images in question be removed.

Rockstar wouldn't demand removal of fake images would they? I'm inclined to trust the person who is saying this considering he was right before when people said he was wrong.

I really want this game on pc.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I think what the majority are trying to discern is whether it means that it was made to work with PCs first, and then altered to work on the hardware restricted consoles, OR whether it was just a standard hey lets make a game code it and test it on PCs but its designed to run on consoles.

If they had made it for PCs first it should be out already.. I'm sceptical.

EDIT: Just to add to my previous answer, I'll throw in the suggestion that maybe this was programmed with next gen consoles in mind instead which may be an alternative. This also is a good reason why there is no PC title at launch. Because there is still work they might want to put into it.

I think I'm turning into a graphics whore (seriously).

I never thought I'd get to the point where I can nitpick with the graphics in a game. They are a lot better than IV but ewww....

I am eagerly awaiting the PC version.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

All kinds of awesome, and go Ireland for bringing you lot the best news in weeks :D

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

This should have been expected, as if they have a great PC version then they would have no problem porting to next gen consoles. They are just standing on money right now.

Hope the graphics on the consoles would be better on PCs and would be better in their optimization.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I knew it right after I saw those PicturesJZi91mw.jpg:
gtav.jpg

It had to run on a PC and that already Months before Release I think we will see a PC version right after Christmas when the Console sales slow down..

RTX2070OC 

All games are ports to console. Do you really think these games are made on console. It would be terrible making a game on any console. 

Figured I would comment on this as I have done a bit of game development in the past. All games are made on a PC for consoles/phones/handhelds and so on. The issue is that they are made for the platform they will be running on, not for PC. So once the games are actually compiled they won't run on a PC unless it runs inside an emulator (which is usually slow and buggy from what I've seen). I am guessing the nice thing about the new consoles is that their architecture is similar enough to PCs that devs might be able to re-use certain parts of their code and just recompile it to run on a PC (as I am sure you heard a bunch of times by now).

cant wait for this

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I so can't wait for the PC version! I love the GTA games and it's killing me that I can't play it yet!

If it's ready-to-go... What are they waiting for?

1. Getting PC gamers frustrated and to the brink of hatred/ giving up and releasing it at the last moment to make them explode in a buying frenzy rather than wait for a month for a cracked version as many pirates do

2. Working on extremely oppressive and convoluted DRM and hidden 'surprises' for pirates

3. Optimizing

4. Being c**ts

(I don't want this game btw.)

OK that last bit is a lie, I did buy GTA IV when it was on sale for $5 and I'd probably do it again in a few years with V.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.