Apple's A7 processor vs Bay Trail on Benchmarks

snowComet

Anandtech posted their review on the iPhone 5s. In this review, they bench-marked the A7 processor, run it against other phones/desktop cpus, and it showed some interesting results.

58194.png

58179.png

58166.png

58181.png

(*Update from Anandtech: Intel responded with a Bay Trail run under IE11, which comes in at 329.6 ms.)

58180.png

58185.png

You can read the full review here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review

it's all about software optimizations...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

it's all about software optimizations...

Very true to a point, and I don't think we have reached that point yet, but its like consoles, they can get more out of those than I would have ever thought possible, but it does have a limit.

Very true to a point, and I don't think we have reached that point yet, but its like consoles, they can get more out of those than I would have ever thought possible, but it does have a limit.

I was speaking of Apples optimizations. Wish it were true on the Android side too. It's just too fragmented...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Don't take browser based benchmarks too seriously. They are a horrible way of comparing CPU performance.

You could think of it this way, would you trust a comparison of the FX 8350 vs the i7-4770K if the benchmark was done with one CPU on an Ubuntu computer using Firefox, and the other CPU was running Windows Vista and IE8? That's basically what is happening here, and that's why I have always been against Brian's testing methods of mobile CPUs. He doesn't even like it himself, but think it is the best we got currently (which he is probably right about, but it's still crap).

very impressive, but honestly i would rather see companies focusing on advancing battery technology rather than cpu performance

according to those charts, the new 5s murders the s4....now!!! if only the 5s had a 5" 1080p screen

Don't take browser based benchmarks too seriously. They are a horrible way of comparing CPU performance.

You could think of it this way, would you trust a comparison of the FX 8350 vs the i7-4770K if the benchmark was done with one CPU on an Ubuntu computer using Firefox, and the other CPU was running Windows Vista and IE8? That's basically what is happening here, and that's why I have always been against Brian's testing methods of mobile CPUs. He doesn't even like it himself, but think it is the best we got currently (which he is probably right about, but it's still crap).

Cant they just code some program to do some math and based on :speed: they calculate the benchmark ?

ehh those are browser benchmark xD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Cant they just code some program to do some math and based on :speed: they calculate the benchmark ?

Well they could, but my guess is that it's really hard to do a fair cross platform benchmark which simulates real world performance.

impressive, but it's not a big deal. the real question is how does it work in everyday operations?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

impressive, but it's not a big deal. the real question is how does it work in everyday operations?

Well those are everyday operations.

By the way, the Intel Atom is not a desktop processor. It is a phone and tablet processor just like the Apple A7.