Tesla's 'autopilot' car project

Youbetternot

AutoPilot cars aw yea! PoliSWAG!

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has discussed the company's ambitions to build a self-driving car on more than one occasion, and now he's revealed a bit more about its plans. After reports today about a job listing on the Tesla website for an Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Controls Engineer he spoke to the Financial Times, confirming the company is working on a form of autopilot in-house. Expressing his opinion that fully autonomous cars may be a bit too difficult to achieve right now, he said Tesla "should be able to do 90 per cent of miles driven within three years."

Learn more here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/17/teslas-autopilot-car-project-targets-90-percent-of-miles-driv/

teslaelon-1361998101.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Elon Musk is awesome! So glad he's rich enough to fund all these things, we need more CEO's like Elon and less CEO's like Jeffrey Bewkes. (I hate Time Warner with a passion for their sub-company WB killing MERP)

I can't wait until every car drives itself and I can use driving time to play on my pc instead :)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I can't wait until every car drives itself and I can use driving time to play on my pc instead :)

Yes. Next on the list, wireless networks for nearby cars. Now you can tell the guy who cut you off just how good his mom was in bed last night.

He always has some cool idea, always innovating. I wish other companies were like that

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Texas in 50 years:

HA! Look at those idiots! I'm glad we made the right decision of banning Tesla from our glorious state. Jeffory, bring around the carriage, I'm going to take out my new horse for a test drive!

Texas in 50 years:

HA! Look at those idiots! I'm glad we made the right decision of banning Tesla from our glorious state. Jeffory, bring around the carriage, I'm going to take out my new horse for a test drive!

rrrmmmmmmkkk brung out mah big ol'e diseal toyater truck tommy m fxn me a get sum dat internet frum mcdonals

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autopilot could be good in cases where the car may detect irregular behavior from the driver, say in a case of emergency, maybe the driver having a heart attack or even just falling asleep at the wheel. 

if the car detects that it is not being driven in the normal matter it takes over and keeps itself steady and slows itself down so as to prevent any further injuries eg like having a heart attack and then driving off the road and crashing into a tree, which would probably make survival chances a little lower. ^_^