PokeMMO on Android, Why we need it.

I was thinking the other day as many do, realizing how awesome it would be to have PokeMMO on android. This is of course thought of before and people already want it. Now take a second and realize how awesome it would be to have this on android for owners of the Nvidia Shield...... We need it......NOW!!!!!

If you dont know what PokeMMO is i highly recommend looking it up, you wont regret it.

http://pokemmo.eu/

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

I want this, I WANT THIS NOW!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

i already play pokemon on my phone using an emulator :)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Meh, I think people get overhyped on pokemon just because it is old. It's a good game but it's not fantastic by any stretch.

If it came to android I might try it but there are so many better computer games I don't get the point of playing a 8 bit pokemon game.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Meh, I think people get overhyped on pokemon just because it is old. It's a good game but it's not fantastic by any stretch.

If it came to android I might try it but there are so many better computer games I don't get the point of playing a 8 bit pokemon game.

i play games like bf3 and such but i still enjoy pokemon a lot, i play it atleast 1 hour a day

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Amen to that. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

There are indeed much better computer games, but are they as fun? Only a very few number of computer games have been more fun for me than PokeMMO. Hell, i even find Robot Unicorn Attack more fun than some of the best games, be it indie or triple A, like Bastion or  BF3. I have about 200 games on my steam account and only 20 of them have more than an hour of play time, yet I've definitely spent over 30 hours on Robot Unicorn Attack and probably 60+ hours on Pokemon games for the past year.

Stealing nintendo's IP for a rubbish multiplayer mod. GG

If nintendo refuses to make a pokemon mmo then I support what they're doing. I want to play it, if nintendo makes one then I'll play theirs but they just don't want to.

If nintendo refuses to make a pokemon mmo then I support what they're doing. I want to play it, if nintendo makes one then I'll play theirs but they just don't want to.

They'd have to be desperate to make a pokemon mmo. MMO's are where franchises go to die.

Please explain.

Well if noone wanted normal pokemon they could make an mmo because everyone hypes over an mmo.

Then when it's released it falls flat on it's arse because mmos are, by necessity, either pay to win or grind to no social life.

Bank the money and run!

Well if noone wanted normal pokemon they could make an mmo because everyone hypes over an mmo.

Then when it's released it falls flat on it's arse because mmos are, by necessity, either pay to win or grind to no social life.

Bank the money and run!

Nothing you have said makes sense or is even remotely true.

Nothing you have said makes sense or is even remotely true.

It makes sense, you just disagree.

What i said:

-'everyone hypes over an mmo'

mmos of big franchises always get hype. Brings interest and sales into a franchise.

-'new mmos fall flat on their arse'

everyone realises the salesmanship in the videos was excellent and they are playing a rubbish game or a wow clone

-'mmos are by neccessity pay to win or grind to no social life'

Goes without saying.

The second two don't really apply to the pokemmo in the OP because they are just gameboy-style games. Unless you factor in that pokemon requires serious grind by design.

Anyway this is a pointless discussion because the game in the OP breaches Nintendo's copyright and constitutes theft of their IP.

-'everyone hypes over an mmo'

mmos of big franchises always get hype. Brings interest and sales into a franchise.

Yes, they always get hype, but it's not always overhype. Sometimes the hype is very much deserved, like GW2. However, that's not what you said. What you said was:

"if noone wanted normal pokemon they could make an mmo because everyone hypes over an mmo."

Which is wrong. They should make an mmo because that's what people want, people do like pokemon, but it's multiplayer aspect is severely limited. The game itself is perfect for an MMO, and that's why they should make it.

-'new mmos fall flat on their arse'

everyone realises the salesmanship in the videos was excellent and they are playing a rubbish game or a wow clone.

This is simply not true. A good example was GW2.There are plenty of MMOs that were doing very very well. A game doesn't need to have 10 millions subscribers to be sucessfull, even 100 thousand is a lot.

-'mmos are by neccessity pay to win or grind to no social life'

Goes without saying.

Again, more bullshit. In GW2 where there is no grind, and you can have fun in WoW even if you only play 10h a month. Completing the entire game will require a huge grind, but no one does that besides a few people in the entire planet. This is actually completely false for the vast majority of MMOs.

Anyway this is a pointless discussion because the game in the OP breaches Nintendo's copyright and constitutes theft of their IP.

No one cares until nintendo says something, and then all they really need to do is move the servers somewhere else.

• 11 months later...

Coming back to this to see what people thought, I don't think many if you understand my point. I have been playing for awhile and am very impressed. All I'm saying is that it would be very nice to play on mobile devices. I also emulate Pokemon on my phone, this is extremely easy. I would however like to also play pokemmo on my phone.

I'm not sure why some of you don't like the idea yet haven't tried it out when it's free and easier to set up then Lego's. Before criticism, go play it like you would any Pokemon game and tell me you didn't have a good time. Then come back and try again...

Thank you to the few who gave good input on the matter

| Gaming/Folding Rig: | 4770k @ 4.4GHZ w/ Thermaltake Extreme 3.0 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2x DirectCUII GTX 780 Ti @ 1208mhz | Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB | Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Samsung 840 256gb | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair C70 | 3x ASUS MX239H Monitors |

Onlinegames on Smartphones/Tablets are terrible.

TERRIBLE

I agree!!!!! 100% !!! But being a turn based Pokemon game, there isn't much need for a good gaming controller. You can take your good old time since reaction time isn't needed much. Now walking around, even on Pokemon emerald on my phone, isn't great by any means but is far from unplayable.

They'd have to be desperate to make a pokemon mmo. MMO's are where franchises go to die.

As much as I do not like most mmo's, this isn't true. Now some cases I understand your point, but most are quite the opposite. The elder scrolls are far from dieing, skyrim being huge amounts of success over oblivion. Both amazing games. The problem is so many people loved the game and wanted to play with others and they thought an mmo was the answer. As we all have seen, NOT AT ALL! Hahah ESO blows in my opinion. Same goes for WoW. Warcraft was not dieing and WoW was made and was very successful and apparently very good. I would not know I never played it, like I saif I don't enjoy a lot of mmo's. Now I do get your point with the money aspect. As of right now it's just cosmetic things if you really want to support the devs. And is Nintendo reeeeally cared about this, it would have been down AWHILE ago. Its more popular than you think.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to be able to play Pokemon on my phone using a 360 controller.I hate the touch controls of the emulators

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

• 6 months later...

Im still playing it on my gameboy. Im 19

No wonder Gameboy is great!!! :D

OS: Windows 10 Pro | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: 2x 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @3600MHz | GPU: Inno3D GeForce GTX 980 iChill X4 Air Boss Ultra | Main SSD: 1TB Corsair MP600 NVME | SSD1: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD | SSD2: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | HDD1: WD Green 1000GB | HDD2: WD Green 2TB | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Keyboard: Logitech G513 | Headset: Logitech G933 | Monitors: ASUS ROG PG248Q & LG 29UM65-P

Ok so I am 14 years old and have never seen a Gameboy. But when I downloaded the "My Boy" GBA emulator after 5 minutes of playing I fell in love with it... The games back then were AMAZING specially Pokemon!!! The game has a great story and is really fun! Ever since I downloaded the "My Boy" GBA emulator I have never played any game from the Google Play Store because they are not even half as entrwtaining as the GBA games were back then. Also I started playing PokeMMO a day ago and I am allready addicted so I NEED an android version to play on the way!

OS: Windows 10 Pro | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: 2x 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @3600MHz | GPU: Inno3D GeForce GTX 980 iChill X4 Air Boss Ultra | Main SSD: 1TB Corsair MP600 NVME | SSD1: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD | SSD2: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | HDD1: WD Green 1000GB | HDD2: WD Green 2TB | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Keyboard: Logitech G513 | Headset: Logitech G933 | Monitors: ASUS ROG PG248Q & LG 29UM65-P

Ok so I am 14 years old and have never seen a Gameboy. But when I downloaded the "My Boy" GBA emulator after 5 minutes of playing I fell in love with it... The games back then were AMAZING specially Pokemon!!! The game has a great story and is really fun! Ever since I downloaded the "My Boy" GBA emulator I have never played any game from the Google Play Store because they are not even half as entrwtaining as the GBA games were back then. Also I started playing PokeMMO a day ago and I am allready addicted so I NEED an android version to play on the way!