2x 1440p overkill?

Wasabiz

Hey guys, I just want to know if having 2x 1440p monitor is an overkill. I have an Asus pg278q right now and been thinking of having a second monitor for some quite time. 
Should I have a smaller screen/ same size but 1080p/ or another pb278q.

what are the pros and cons of each of them?

thx

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

why, that's stupid to waste a 1440p for an accessory display, get 2 more (1440p) for surround or just get a 1080p or lower screen for your accessory display

Depends on preference and how much money you want to spend. If you like to have everything the same I would get another 1440p monitor.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I personally would go smaller 1080P because I don't have any space if I want to do a triple monitor setup.

I wish i could have just one 1440p screen and i know the only way i can do it is if i get an Ebay one and i'm just kinda paranoid about buying it that way.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

I don't see why not, your 780 should be able to handle it - and you can always SLI if you need more juice :P

because that's what people do with 2 displays?

because having a bezel smack dab in the middle is the way to play 

:P

-woop-

I think i've came across some stuff to make it so the center of the screen is a bit to the left/right - when I was doing my own multi display gaming (though i did give up after not being able to make it work) xD

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

why, that's stupid to waste a 1440p for an accessory display, get 2 more (1440p) for surround or just get a 1080p or lower screen for your accessory display

I had that thought at first, but the thought of not having things uniform on my screen kills me a lot more lol. I don't like surround gaming, if I had I woulda got 3x1080p monitors

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

I had that thought at first, but the thought of not having things uniform on my screen kills me a lot more lol. I don't like surround gaming, if I had I woulda got 3x1080p monitors

if you are really obsessed about having the same PPI, go for it, but in my eyes it's a waste of money

because that's what people do with 2 displays?

because having a bezel smack dab in the middle is the way to play

:P

I don't think you can play games with just 2x monitor, need at least 3

Just get a 1080p screen. I think it's a waste of a great monitor to have it as a secondary display.

when you move stuff over from  a high ppi monitor to a low ppi monitor the size of the image will get bigger :)

MAGIC

Just get a 1080p screen. I think it's a waste of a great monitor to have it as a secondary display.

Yeah, I probably get a PA238 then. My local store is having them on a huge sale x)

when you move stuff over from a high ppi monitor to a low ppi monitor the size of the image will get bigger :)

MAGIC

Yeah I know, I use to run a 27" 1080 before giving that monitor to my brother.

Yeah, I probably get a PA238 then. My local store is having them on a huge sale x)

You found a place with PA238's for sale?!@! I can't find them anywhere. They're not sold online anymore.

I don't think you can play games with just 2x monitor, need at least 3

with AMD eyefinity you can, not with nvidia surround

I think a 1440p for an acc is overkill as others have said, unless you plan on going surround in the future by adding a 3rd - but then you'll need more (a lot more) GPU power

You found a place with PA238's for sale?!@! I can't find them anywhere. They're not sold online anymore.

Ahh yes, they're selling for 199 at my store right now, gonna head down there to get one tomorrow, and plus someone gave me a $100 gift card for that store too. ;)

with AMD eyefinity you can, not with nvidia surround

I think a 1440p for an acc is overkill as others have said, unless you plan on going surround in the future by adding a 3rd - but then you'll need more (a lot more) GPU power

Yeah... I'm using a single 780 and thinking of putting another one later on this year just for one monitor. I can't imagine how much graphical power I need to even make 3x1440p smooth ><

Ahh yes, they're selling for 199 at my store right now, gonna head down there to get one tomorrow, and plus someone gave me a $100 gift card for that store too. ;)

Yeah... I'm using a single 780 and thinking of putting another one later on this year just for one monitor. I can't imagine how much graphical power I need to even make 3x1440p smooth ><

a friend benched it so you don't need to guess :)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1415441/7680x1440-benchmarks-plus-2-3-4-way-sli-gk110-scaling

errr yeaa..... looks like i'll be laying off 3x1440p i aint got moneh for 4x titans >_<

haha thanks for the post xD