Asus Maximus Formula V Wifi Card not detected

adamym

Hey everyone, 

So, I'm really excited that I got this board today. As far as the hardware part of it goes, everything installed easily. My problem is that in Windows i'm having troubles with the mini pcie card. The network card isn't being recognized by Windows. The bluetooth yes, but no Wifi. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I've searched a number of different forums and have seen this problem, but no one with a fix.

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

Samsung 840 pro 256gb * Corsiar AX860i

this may seem a bit of a dumb question, but have you plugged in the wifi antenna?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

yes

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

regardless, shouldn't the card be recognized either way?

im trying to remember if i had to reach into the BIOS and turn it on or off manually.

BIOS>Advanced Tab>Communications(?) and should be a default of off or on.

if that checks out, remove board and remove the mPCIe card and verify no bent

service pins. while there, verify the card(s) are firmly seated in the sockets.

antennae is not a needed item for Plug-n-Play detection. i had to fiddle with mine

on first boot. had to turn off to sort conflicts. once sorted, either installed or BIOS

switched the device. but to be honest, it is not top-notch WiFi service. the quality

of service was pooh, even at 2m the reception was 40-60% and the data was

very, very slow.. used USB WiFI stick and speeds were extremely faster.

hope you get it going..

airdeano

Okay, so I got it working. Pain in the butt for sure. Mainly because of having to take my motherboard out just to get to the mini card. All in all, I reseated the wifi/bluetooth card and had a fun time trying to recrimp the antenna wire that had been pulled a little too hard. Booted into windows and sure enough the card was recognized. At least its working.

Thanks for the help anyway. It's always nice knowing that there are people to help.