StarCraft MMO gets funded in Kickstarter

Cobalt

How in the world is this legal lol

In what sense?

They have the OK from blizzard plus blizzard sees it as

• People see this and buy Starcraft to play it (even though I heard you ca play it with a free account it might entise people to buy the game to play other mods)
  • Someone else is creating a mod that might sell units money in the pocket for blizzard
  • it's in the EULA that Blizzard owns that map not the creator (after that whole dota incident)

This is hardly anything blizzard need to be worried about and is only a good thing for them.

It's nice to see a major project take place for Starcraft 2 since the Arcade scene is horrible as is. No good games just the same remakes from WC3 and not even a better version. You have games with horrible models that don't match the game unlike WC3 that had everything from animals, fences, and fountains.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

That's one of the most half-baked kickstarter pages I've ever read. I can't believe this is getting funded...

Pretty decently documented for it's size, and come on, they're only asking for 80 grand. This isn't Star Citizen or anything.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

That's one of the most half-baked kickstarter pages I've ever read. I can't believe this is getting funded...

It's actually NOT that bad, I mean we've all seen MUCH worse :)

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

is the whole MMO going to be a SC2 map/mod or multiple maps/mods?

is the MMO data stored on battle.net or another server?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

It is going to be an arcade game, you could call it a mod, but with a third person perspective,basically every aspect of the game is gonna be made by them

So basically they want people to fund a mod? There are so many grammatical mistakes in the description. If you don't put the time and effort to make your description professional looking (spelling, grammar, punctuation) then how do you expect people to trust you with their money? Linus said this looks half baked. I think he is giving it too much credit. You do not need $84,000 to make a Starcraft II mod. Falskaar didn't even cost $84,000 and it is considered by many to be the best Skyrim mod out there.

I forsee a lot of backlash against this when the funders realize what they just paid for.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

double post my bad. For some reason when I reloaded the webpage it put this twice

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Multiple maps, chapters if you will.

And I would assume it's a continuous leveling so I would say like other games the data is on blizzard servers and it just recognizes your account and brings up your character.

You do not need $84,000 to make a Starcraft II mod. Falskaar didn't even cost $84,000 and it is considered by many to be the best Skyrim mod out there.

Yea but that mod was made by a kid living at home with his parents. Not needing to pay for rent or food. This could be made by a couple of people who need to pay for those.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Star Citizen needs 21million to get fully funded how in the universe are they planing on making something on this scale with just 80k? Unless of course they are trying to prove to Blizzard that there is a demand for it....

Multiple maps, chapters if you will.

And I would assume it's a continuous leveling so I would say like other games the data is on blizzard servers and it just recognizes your account and brings up your character.

Yea but that mod was made by a kid living at home with his parents. Not needing to pay for rent or food. This could be made by a couple of people who need to pay pay for those.

fair enough. I didn't think about that.

Star Citizen needs 21million to get fully funded how in the universe are they planing on making something on this scale with just 80k? Unless of course they are trying to prove to Blizzard that there is a demand for it....

This is no way at the scale of Star Citizen, team is smaller, hardware is smaller, the graphics level on itself in completely in another scale.

Personally I have tried the intro and it has a lot of potential for what it is trying to make (Also I am a SC2 fan and one that never thought he would see something like this come to life)

i cant belive it. So dumb

Just look what icefrog did to dota, one of the best games ever made, so much time, so much effort, and never asked for a damn penny

How the...why...what...?

Is 84 grand even enough to make a decent MMO? Plus it's going to be free to play...

COMIC SANS