ASUS Maximus VI Impact - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=88847&vpn=MAXIMUS%20VI%20IMPACT&manufacture=ASUS

Amazon: http://geni.us/42UZgnL

The Maximus VI Impact is one of the more interesting boards I've had my hands on in quite a while. ASUS has addressed a serious shortcoming in other mITX motherboards by offering discrete-grade onboard audio, wireless AC, AND a 16x PCIe slot. This is about as fully featured an mITX board as there can be, folks!

Great review again Linus! But there's 1 product showcase coming within a few weeks (I hope) that I can't wait for more than anything else!

Re-edit: Ignore that, can have both the msata and sound cards. Looked like in the video that they use the same plug. Had to super zoom in on Newegg's page in order to read the actual text on the motherboard.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Why is the replacement for the Q-Connector not sleeved, or at least black cables?

Basics, Asus, get them right.

I thought the same. I'd have to sleeve them myself before using the Q-Connector.

Also, a question. Does the included sound card support dolby headphones, or at least some form of hardware-accelereated virtual surround sound? Having great positioning in a pair of audiophile headphones for FPS gaming is a great deal to me.

If only this board existed 2 years ago. :T