My Personal Rig & Gear

LinusTech

But what keyboard, mouse and mousepad are you using?

And what about OCZ Linus Edition RAM?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K GPU: AMD Radeon HD7870 RAM: Patriot Viper 8GB 1866MHz MOBO: ASUS Maximus VII Ranger HDD: Seagate 7200.10 2x250GB PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P7 550W CASE: Antec P182

I can't believe I just read all of that... Great post by the way! :D

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

@LinusTech

I bought a T-Balancer because I saw you using it, how do I use it?

Kidding :D

But I truly need a solution for PWM controlling pump (MCP655 PWM is awesomely awesome) + more than 6 fans with good software and advanced profiles

thought about the Corsair Link of Aquairo 6 - new, unreleased, 20 fans / a 655 pump per channel, advance watercooling support (flow meters, temp probes, pressure, and all that shiz)

about fans, have you tried noiseblocker fans? they are German quality, but unlike BE QUIET! they actually think about watercooling, static pressure and aesthetics. 

And last thing, would you upgrade your video card for Star citizen? if so, to which card? (imagine you can have every card in the world, wait, you don't need to imagine)

Hey Linus, I was wondering. I know that you're using parts that together make little to no sense.

So what I was wondering is, if you had the hardware thrown at you. What about your currently build would you change if given the opportunity.

Motherboard? SSD? Radiators? Graphics card?

I'm curious to know what changes you would make to it if you had the chance.

But what keyboard, mouse and mousepad are you using?

And what about OCZ Linus Edition RAM?

His Linus Edition RAM died on him D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDl27PXVraM

Why don't you just go back to an older BIOS version on the motherboard?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Why don't you just go back to an older BIOS version on the motherboard?

I'd presume that it broke something - as opposed to just throwing up errors

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

Linus, I knwo you don't want to talk about the t balancer but could you point me in the direction of picking one up? I haven't been able to find a source for one =/

Pro - Quick Tip. NZXT Grid + Zalman Fanmate  allows controlling 10 fans manually.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Thanks for posting, but this thread means nothing without IMAGES!

That's a shame about the gigabyte board giving you problems. I usually really like their products and have used them exclusively for my last few builds. I also really love the way your TJ07 looks with its new finish.

Other than that, looking forward to whatever new updates you have for us :) pics and maybe video especially.

Interesting read, you must get a ton of messages about this.....and fanboy remarks.

I assume it was your bit on the WAN show about your rig and fanboys that prompted this post. Which was great to hear because lately this forum is becoming the worst for 'fanboyism'.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I'll just wait for the movie.

lol I love your profile pic and signature xD such wow

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

When I graduate and start making actual money that belongs to me (and not living off mom and dad), I will pay you $500 (or donate $500 to the site since I would rather do it via Paypal) to help me pick parts and make me a tutorial for building a beast of a liquid cooled PC. What I know about liquid cooling is what I learned from watching your vids so I should be in nice shape here.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Linus, very interesting build, it is intriguing to know what you have regardless of how it was obtained/put-together.

I also had a Silverstone case (TJ-10 WESA instead of a TJ07) and i thought I would never buy a case again. I really think it is well built, looks great, expandable, but I decided to give it to my father as a gift. I picked up a 900D (to go all out on a watercooling build) based on TTL's review, your unboxing and that ultimate watercooling guide. I am planning on making my new rig similar to the one you have, and I really appreciate the recommendations.

When I graduate and start making actual money that belongs to me (and not living off mom and dad), I will pay you $500 (or donate $500 to the site since I would rather do it via Paypal) to help me pick parts and make me a tutorial for building a beast of a liquid cooled PC. What I know about liquid cooling is what I learned from watching your vids so I should be in nice shape here.

In all fairness, this video is very detailed and has done practically what you are asking for. You need to list out what you are going to use it for, and how much you have to spend, and how skilled you are at this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtHDqdo5pR0&feature=em-subs_digest

How often would you say you change/tweak/upgrade *something* in your personal build?

On OctoRAID, now that 1TB drives are so cheap and common you likely have some laying around being used as  paperweights, have you thought about making changes?  How much of a change/loss do you think you would notice going to RAID 10?  I know you would lose half you space, but again it seems that is less an issue now, and RAID 10 as I understand it would still be fast and more reliable.  Plus you would get to keep OctoRAID, which I have to admit sounds pretty cool, and frankly is one of those thngs that "cuz I wanna!" seems like a perfectly logical reason for.  I am just sorta wondering what other options you might have and what the differnces would be. 

Also, good for you doing this post.  Having central information you can refer people to is so healthy  for sanity.  I for understand the need and respect your for recognizing it. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

• 1 month later...

updated this with my latest changes to motherboard and graphics card, and added peripherals.

Have you got photos of your latest spec

Akasa Venom Viper Full Tower Case | Intel i7-3930k @ 3.20Gh | Corsair 240Gb GT SSD Raid 0 | Samsung 23" LED 1080p FULL HD (x2) MSI Big Bang-ZPower II Socket 2011 XL ATX Board | Gigabyte GTX 680 | Windows 8.1 Pro | WD Caviar Red 3Tb HDD | Akasa Venom Voodoo high Performance CPU Coolerr | TP Link Wireless N DualBand | Pioneer BDR optical Drive | Corsair Vengance 16Gb Ram

Linus You MUST make a video of this ITS and Order!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

updated this with my latest changes to motherboard and graphics card, and added peripherals.

It's missing your monitor!

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

this build sux u shuld buy alienware they are the best Kappa.
oh and it needs more plastic  linus xD

this build sux u shuld buy alienware they are the best Kappa.

oh and it needs more plastic  linus xD

I gagged.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

This really should be pinned/stickied. 

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

scoff, who uses one titan. lol :P   That is my favorite X79 motherboard though. I was just worried about how close the ram was to the no.1 pcie slot. Not sure if that was an issue for you or not. Also nice to see that nvidia finally released drivers for the Titan that have native gen 3 support for the X79 platform.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/