Do you even keep promises bro? Cos Cortana now will make sure you do.

AlTech

Cortana now has the ability to check your emails to make sure you keep promises.

Full_Desktop_Screenshot_Just_Commitments

Microsoft is putting a lot of emphasis on its Cortana digital assistant for its next Windows 10 update. While the software maker is still, according to sources familiar with its plans, experimenting with having Cortana float around Windows 10, Microsoft is now starting to test some additional features publicly. Starting today, Windows Insiders will get access to a new commitment option in Cortana for Windows 10.

"We looked at how people use email today," explains Ash. "People tend to send themselves email a lot." As a result, Cortana will even pick up on those times when you email a useful link or note to yourself, and ask to generate a reminder if it makes sense. Microsoft is approaching this Cortana feature in the same way as flight tracking, so you won't get annoying pop-up prompts. Any suggestions for reminders will be surfaced in the regular Cortana interface.

Yay..... IDK whether to be happy or sad.

Leave a comment below!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/25/10825860/microsoft-cortana-windows-10-scan-email-feature

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It would be great if it existed in Sweden :P

FUD posts commencing in 3..2..1..

Edit: Never send an email to your GF telling her you'll marry her someday.. LOL

Actually not that bad. Pretty intrusive. But well the email is already intheir systems. I can certainly see benefits of this. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Would be cool if it looked at my email and generated a calendar of every event that was emailed to me and stuff. Intrusive, but sounds pretty cool if implemented.

Sounds useful. I wonder if it works in Outlook or only in the Windows 10 mail app.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Sounds useful. I wonder if it works in Outlook or only in the Windows 10 mail app.

The MS suite is very tightly integrated with windows so I would think both

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Its a pretty nice feature, and it can be turned off as well. I still WP8.1 on my phone with the Cortana beta and it functions well so I expect it works better on WM10

(WP= Windows Phone WM= Windows Mobile)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hasn't google been doing similar things with Google Now? Pretty sure they have, I just don't use my gmail for important information so it doesn't suck any real info from it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I use the tasks list in Outlook a lot. I dont see how this is hugely different that that. 

Can be useful if used. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I use the tasks list in Outlook a lot. I dont see how this is hugely different that that. 

Can be useful if used. 

Essentially helps you by making tasks automatically by monitoring your email and adding a task if it sees something like a time, date, send, go to and multiple other trigger words so you dont have to make the task yourself. Its nice.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER