Damn, I heard about cards burning because of to high frame rate in menu's before but I thought that was a thing of the past and nothing to worry about now.
Apparently not ...

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Soooo, why did I buy that 770 remind me?

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

I don't get it. How can a card overheat because of software? Isn't it rated to be able to run under maximum load? I mean you have a fixed voltage and clock speed, so how can it go beyond that? To me it just sounds as if it was an unstable overclock that didn't get load tested before, and once it did it failed. Big surprise...

"Who's gunna buy a pill that makes you go blind?"

"Let's let marketing decide that"

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

• 3 months later...

I just pledged on Star Citizen, got the Constellation and the hanger pkg and my GTX580 ran smoothly, no lag, had the jitter thing they talk about but it still looked awesome. The fans kicked up some, but hey, that's expected.

"I'd rather have a mind open to wonder than one closed by beliefs." (Sartre)

doesnt the 590 have some sort of protection 

The thermal diode is normally coded to fail at 115oc if im correct, it acts as a killswitch to windows. Sadly it doesnt always fail, the failure rate it not fail(the rate for it to not do what it should) is very very low but as with all technology shit happens. I had a sandy bridge celoron for a customer and for some reason i completely forgot about the cooler, it recorded 150oc for 10 minutes via a windows gadget before it died, for some odd reason i was looking in the cpu wondering what the problem was, im surprised that it booted without anything in the cpu fan pin.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I just pledged on Star Citizen, got the Constellation and the hanger pkg and my GTX580 ran smoothly, no lag, had the jitter thing they talk about but it still looked awesome. The fans kicked up some, but hey, that's expected.

Necroing a thread is against CoC, i see your new but, I'd just recommend reading the Coc if you're not used to forums yet :)

Welcome to the forum!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Necroing a thread is against CoC, i see your new but, I'd just recommend reading the Coc if you're not used to forums yet :)

Welcome to the forum!

To be fair the forum is kind of broken at the moment. Not only did spoiler tags break, But old threads are appearing on the front pages and some new threads 5 or more pages in.

To anybody not familiar with the tiny date and time stamps on the threads it can be very misleading.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

To be fair the forum is kind of broken at the moment. Not only did spoiler tags break, But old threads are appearing on the front pages and some new threads 5 or more pages in.

To anybody not familiar with the tiny date and time stamps on the threads it can be very misleading.

Main/Current Rig:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055t (previously now dead 1090t)

CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+

RAM: 16GB Gskill RipJaws 1600Mhz (4x4GB)

GPU: AMD HD 6970 x2 (Crossfire) Mobo: AsRock 990fx Extreme 3

PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W

Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Case: Thermaltake Spacecraft Vf-I

Second/Old Rig:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

CPU Cooler: CM V8

RAM: 4GB Corsair 800Mhz (4x1GB)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 (Single Card)

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3

PSU: Thermaltake 750W

Storage: WD VelociRaptor 300GB HDD (OS), 2x500GB WD Caviar (Blue)

Case: Thermaltake Soprano

Just remove =rigs

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I hope that a 770 is able to run at medium settings because its graphically intensive and not cause of uber poor optimization 

Same here, I really want that game but I've got a GeForce GTX 660, if the 770 is going to struggle then I'm thoroughly f**ked lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

GeForce GTX 580 ehh, she may be an old card now but sure is powerful still :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Sssshhh my precious 7950. I will not let you near that thing in this state. Everything will be alight. Sssshhhh

COMIC SANS

you know its good when it melts your pc.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I think they should have some temperature monitor overlay in the game to prevent these things from happening. But don't see why the computer didn't shut down early enough to avoid damages.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer