So I was browsing the Star citizen "Hardware" section of their forums and I found this: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/46716/gtx-590-melted-if-you-have-this-card-i-suggest-you-don-t-run-the-hangar

Apparently Somebodys GTX 590 overheated running "The hanger", which was recently released due to the donation milestone being met. People have been reporting the game is so poorly optimized due to it being in alpha most high end gaming rigs cant even run it well. Remember when Crysis came out and nobody could run it on meduim settings? This is the same situation. Also, the system requirements were recently posted and I had to reach for my inhaler when I saw them (Im not joking..). According to the devs a single GTX 770 will only be enough to run the game on MEDUIM FREAKING SETTINGS. Mind=Blown. So guys, tell me how youre all preparing for this PC slaughter fest in the response section below.

post-38424-0-13458100-1378030277.jpg

Old news about the 770 being for medium settings. But Yeah 590 overheating, that's a bit extreme. in beta it will be more optimized.

\

I hope that a 770 is able to run at medium settings because its graphically intensive and not cause of uber poor optimization 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Right now because it's pre-alpha. Yes, NO optimization what so ever, (other than what the engine itself delivers).

I ran around that hanger aswell with my 5870.. TONS of lag, and right now none of the grafics settings actually do anything. Very Low and High is exactly the same. lol.

10-15 fps \o/

So remember to put on your vsync from your GPU Software! (lol)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

How is this even Possible? I don't get it did he have an Unstable GPU or what? Can a GPU even start burning? my 590 was runing at 105°C for 1year and nothing happened except that it died. But that it burns lol and what does he mean with "Doesn't limit the Frames" did he have a unstable graphicscard?(No Stress test, Ungine Heaven for example) I would love if someone could explain it to me

nothing happened except that it died.

:rolleyes:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

People seem to overhype Star Citizen based on the games performance even though the game hasn't even reached Alpha yet. The game has not been optimized to any extent yet so when the game actually does get released I doubt you will have to wait to play the game running on high settings. If you can run the game already at medium then if you are running a 680, 780, 7970 or anything higher you will probably be able to run the game at high settings at near 60fps. The graphics and lighting effects on the game look nice but they are not so good that you will need to have sli 780's to play the game at ultra. I would imagine you would be able to play the game at max settings with 2 sli 780's easily at 60 fps. This is just me speculating by the way but if a game is not even in Alpha and is demanding such high requirements it usually means there has been no optimization. If these are the actual requirements to play the game then the game has been poorly optimized. It is nice to see a game support 64 bit finally.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

:rolleyes:

i'm serious about this, at the time where i had the 590 i did use a midi tower that wasn't compaitble with E-ATX and XL-ATX and it only had 1 exhaust fan and 1 intake fan that wasn't even bringin any fresh air in (it was my fathers idea to buy and do this to the case) my father just moded it so my motherboard fits in and then everything overheated

The topic name is misleading, it should be.. "GTX 590 Catches On Fire After Hardware Failure"

This has nothing to do with Star Citizen. It probably would've happened if he had played a different game.. Just because he was playing Star Citizen at the time does not mean it killed his card..

Oh and the artifacts are happening to anyone that has a discount hangar.. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13239-Star-Citizen-Patch-1

KNOWN ISSUES:

BUG: A wall and ladder do not render in discount hangar

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Hangar runs just fine on high settings on my GTX 470, around 50 fps avg. Max settings though I drop below 30 minimums. Card did get toasty as hell though, and once I had checkerboarding in the top right corner, so I wouldn't dare running it for more than 30 mins at a time.

The alpha of Rift: Planes of Telara burnt out a 9800GTX+ of mine once, I learned my lesson  :P

The real test of graphics cards in Star Citizen will be when there are 60 ships on screen, fighting. I have no illusions that my 470 will handle that, and I intend to upgrade to a 790 when it arrives.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Honestly guys? Come on. You should know this.

He had a faulty card. First and for most:

-> The GPU fan should increase speed, managing the heat produced by the GPU. Either his fan sensor is broken, or it was full of dust (maybe he or she is smoker? We don't know. Maybe he or she has a cat or something, and the inside of the computer was full of hair because of it, blocking air flow, and never cleaned it.)

-> The 500 series GPU has a protection system to avoid it going on the full load.

-> All GPUs have 2 protection system. The first one will will crash the drivers, making the game crash, if the GPU is overheating. Making it Windows restart the driver, but your game crashed by now. The second one, is a the GPU itself will shutdown, freezing your computer on some solid color, or static image or distorted image. A full system power off and on is needed. That means, depending on the GPU model, unplug the power, wait 30sec, and plug it back in (when the computer is off, the motherboard and component are powered, but very low power). Or just a normal computer shutdown and power up to get it back. Again, depending on the GPU.

Honestly guys? Come on. You should know this.

He had a faulty card. First and for most:

-> The GPU fan should increase speed, managing the heat produced by the GPU. Either his fan sensor is broken, or it was full of dust (maybe he or she is smoker? We don't know. Maybe he or she has a cat or something, and the inside of the computer was full of hair because of it, blocking air flow, and never cleaned it.)

-> The 500 series GPU has a protection system to avoid it going on the full load.

-> All GPUs have 2 protection system. The first one will will crash the drivers, making the game crash, if the GPU is overheating. Making it Windows restart the driver, but your game crashed by now. The second one, is a the GPU itself will shutdown, freezing your computer on some solid color, or static image or distorted image. A full system power off and on is needed. That means, depending on the GPU model, unplug the power, wait 30sec, and plug it back in (when the computer is off, the motherboard and component are powered, but very low power). Or just a normal computer shutdown and power up to get it back. Again, depending on the GPU.

exactly, must have been something wrong on his end but dayum WP_000214__5hz9j883bg.jpg

Don't care one little bit.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

RIP to "can it run Crysis?!"

Say hello to "can it run Star Citizen?!"

I don't really care about this game but if it prompts enthusiast and reviewers to feature it as a benchmark and focus on it more than most others, similar to how they treated the original Crysis, it should help graphics card manufacturers to push as hard as they did with Crysis.

I wouldn't worry about this game 'killing you graphics card' there are going to be people hating on Chris Roberts for some unknown reason spreading stuff. I am willing to bet more is to come

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

I hope you are able to run this game on a system with an SLI configuration

It was pretty much at the limit, and I was only getting 25-30fps, but I could still run it on my rig on high settings.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

My 660 ti sli setup gets about 30 fps in the hangar maxed out

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'm calling absolute bull on this one. My 560ti, runs in 1080p at very high (upscaled to 1440p). Without touching 80C. at completely runnable fps.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.