Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

I recently got a Das Keyboard Ultimate with Cherry MX Blues and I must say, it's definitely a great improvement over my old OEM keyboard from Packard Bell. Admittedly a lot louder than I had thought, but it's very nice to type with and even resulted in faster typing speeds once I got used to it.

I have a Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 (UK Layout) keyboard on one of my computers and currently thinking about getting different ones for each computer system I have.

Keycool 87 w/ MX Reds, planning on getting a DK9087 sometime soon.

2013-01-03-23.13.19.jpg

So it sounds like it would take some effort to go wrong with blue switches. What are some keyboards to avoid?

So it sounds like it would take some effort to go wrong with blue switches. What are some keyboards to avoid?

There aren't many cheap ( as in quality, not price ) mechanical keyboards, at least none that i can think of right now.

You get what you pay for really though. Some good cheap and cheerful boards are the QF series from Coolmaster. Leopold are nice aswell, Rosewell too.

I've got a Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 with brown switches and blue backlight. But when I'm at college I use a Filco Majestouch-2 tenkeyless, also with brown switches.

I rarely see Max Keyboard mentioned, but in my experience it's been great, even though I like typing on my Filco more. When I got the keyboard, it came without an "M" keycap, but after emailing them about the issue I got a response within an hour and they mailed two of them out to me promptly along with a key remover. If you can't get a Ducky Shine I would look into this alternative.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

Hey, now I don't know if it will belong here, but I am looking for a mechanical keyboard. The QPad MK-80 with Brown switches caught my eye. Has anyone here some experience with it of would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

There aren't many cheap ( as in quality' date=' not price ) mechanical keyboards, at least none that i can think of right now. You get what you pay for really though. Some good cheap and cheerful boards are the QF series from Coolmaster. Leopold are nice aswell, Rosewell too.[/quote']

Really? Rosewill? That's not exactly the first brand I think of when I think of quality! :S

There aren't many cheap ( as in quality' date=' not price ) mechanical keyboards, at least none that i can think of right now. You get what you pay for really though. Some good cheap and cheerful boards are the QF series from Coolmaster. Leopold are nice aswell, Rosewell too.[/quote'] Really? Rosewill? That's not exactly the first brand I think of when I think of quality! :S

Rosewill mechanical keyboards use Costar as their OEM, same as Filco, WASD etc. So their quality is very similar.

I got myself a Mionix Zibal 60 after i rage smashed my old G15 due to Assassin's Creed 3 shananigins

• CPU - Intel x79 3820 @ 4.30 Ghz || Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme || RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator 1866 Mhz 4x4 || GPU - EVGA GTX 680 SLI (2x)

• Case - CM HAF-X || Storage - Corsair SSD 120GB/60GB WD 1TB Black || PSU - Corsair HX1050 || Display(s) - 3x@ 24" 1x Auxillary 19" || Cooling - Corsair H100

Keyboard - Mionix Zibal 60 || Mouse - Logitech G602

Rosewill mechanical keyboards use Costar as their OEM' date=' same as Filco, WASD etc. So their quality is very similar.[/quote']

Really? I guess you learn something new everyday!

Using the K90 (reds) also and i laughed when remembering the claim from Cyborg that their membranes feel almost as gd as mech reds.

WHAT? lol

They are worlds apart in my opinion.

Although they are absolutely awful for typing as i am proving to myself at this very second.

I'm using a das professional blue switches and really like it. Though I also really like the feel of typing on browns as well.

Razer Black Widow Tournament edition. Cherry blues. Love this keyboard to bits. I was originally going to go with a Ducky Shine, but there's a $50 price difference in New Zealand, so the Razer was a logical choice.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

hi

i have Razer Blackwidow keyboard without the backlight, it uses the blue switches and i found it very good for tryping and gaming.

in india we have a local brand TVS

http://www.flipkart.com/tvs-e-gold-black-usb-2-0-keyboard/p/itmd49zzcf7cbmge

which has this awesome board with blue mx switches for roughly $35 USD its awesome board, resembels the Steelseries 6g in form factor and is very economical. these boards are most of the time out of stock as they are in high demand (many government offices use these). the point is mechanical boards dont have to be expensive.

I bought a Filco MJ2 w/ browns a few months ago and since then have been incredibly interested in mechanical keyboards. Forums like geekhack and deskthority really helped. I just sold my Filco and now I have a Ducky Shine II TKL w/ reds and a KBC Poker w/ blues.

My Poker is definitely my favorite. I plan to get another in the next group buy.

4ozMA.jpg

gd4xv.jpg

Have a Leopold "Otaku" with numpad... love it. Brown switches

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I guess I can join soon, well after I buy one at least :D Darn those prices!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'm using a Corsair K60 now, seems like reds are perfect for me. I feel like the K90 has too many macro keys that I would never use just imo.

I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for a long time but I haven't been able to settle on one. Going for blue switches and I'm kind of on a budget. Any suggestions?

I've been wanting to get a mechanical keyboard for a long time but I haven't been able to settle on one. Going for blue switches and I'm kind of on a budget. Any suggestions?

If you're on a budget ( less than $100 ) i would recommend the CM Quickfire TK.

Here is my collection, also use the MK-80 and have given away some too.

20130105141655.jpg

My CM Storm Pro

reviewstill001.png

Here is my collection, also use the MK-80 and have given away some too.

20130105141655.jpg

My CM Storm Pro

reviewstill001.png

Dem custom keys XD

But why would you remove certain keys from the board, or is this just for showing?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!