Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

My Ducky Shine 4: Massdrop Edition just arrived. Its so heavy. Will get some pics later

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

-snip-

That looks fucking sick man, props.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/v60-matias-mini-keyboard?mode=guest_open

https://www1.massdrop.com/buy/alps-keycaps?mode=guest_open

For those of you that want to get in on Matias switches. If you're in the US, the total comes out to $124 if you get the black/white keycaps.

I do like alps/matias...

But I need an ergonomic design, and still can't seem to part with my apple adjustable keyboard

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I really need to take some better photos of this keyboard I'm making for @Vitalius

-snip-

If I had money I'd say make me a tenkeyless one. :P I have two mechanical keyboards already, a Code V2 with MX Clears, and a Nighthawk x7 with MX Blues for my other rig... Except that had pop spill on it and quite a few switches no longer function how they used to. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

then fix the damn thing

Idk, like 5 keys are failing.

Might be the controller itself.

And I have been away the past 3 weeks.

But yeah, seems like it's the controller that is failing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Idk, like 5 keys are failing.

Might be the controller itself.

And I have been away the past 3 weeks.

But yeah, seems like it's the controller that is failing

not hard to test

not hard to test

How would you test that

using a multimeter to continuity test the switches to check if the switches are the problem

OK.

I don't have a multimeter, but I'll get one, seems like there are many uses for one

Hello, glad I found this thread.

I have a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL, a Ducky Pro TKL and a Ducky Zero. They are all Browns and I love each one.

The feel on the Filco is my favorite, it's not quite as "wooden" as the Ducky keyboards. It has a bit of play here and there which gives it some character. Thinking about PBT keypads for it.

Looking for a very simple good quality keyboard but not to expensive, basically the raw chassis so i can get key caps of my liking, play around and have some fun on the modding scene  ...

preference> CHERRY REDS...

ansi ou iso.. basically a nice layout that has plenty key caps choices  with easy identification single or full key sets 

NO back lighting or maybe just maybe white ......

stores in Europe, but US is not out of the question   

what do the mech gods recommend ?

Looking for a very simple good quality keyboard but not to expensive, basically the raw chassis so i can get key caps of my liking, play around and have some fun on the modding scene  ...

preference> CHERRY REDS...

ansi ou iso.. basically a nice layout that has plenty key caps choices  with easy identification single or full key sets 

NO back lighting or maybe just maybe white ......

stores in Europe, but US is not out of the question   

what do the mech gods recommend ?

Check out the WASDkeyboards barebones mech kb. 

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-87-key-barebones-mechanical-keyboard.html

The problem is price wise is it worth it? I can get a ozone strike battle cherry red for 75 euros no shipping costs my only doubt is the keycaps if they are standard or have variations and hard to find... I don't know if you now the ozone model I am talking about if you could check it out and tell me you're opinion

Ducky Year of the Goat has just been teased on Ducky's facebook page.

I was wondering where I'll be able to get on with an Nordic ISO layout. I used to buy at Teraset.net but they've seized their international shipping...

So can anyone recommend another store where I can get and reserve the Ducky special edition keyboard with a Nordic ISO layout?

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Ducky Year of the Goat has just been teased on Ducky's facebook page.

I was wondering where I'll be able to get on with an Nordic ISO layout. I used to buy at Teraset.net but they've seized their international shipping...

So can anyone recommend another store where I can get and reserve the Ducky special edition keyboard with a Nordic ISO layout?

Here's a picture for those interested

11792075_906612669413828_547100871245035

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

-snip-

I don't need it... I don't need it.

I NEED IT!!!

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I don't need it... I don't need it.

I NEED IT!!!

I wonder if it is painted aluminum or just plastic.

*snip*

Why didcha have to do that? I haven't dropped by here for a while, thought I'd have a look and see your post. Now, I like it, I like it a lot! :wub:  Only snag is, I'm more into 60% boards and TKL at the very largest.....so I may not get it.

'Least, that's what I'm telling myself...... :wacko:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I think I'm finally going to call it and frame my Apple Adjustable Keyboard and order a matias ergo pro

I think I'm finally going to call it and frame my Apple Adjustable Keyboard and order a matias ergo pro

order the ergo pro and have someone fix the apple adjustable

order the ergo pro and have someone fix the apple adjustable

Where would one fix it?

Where would one fix it?

either someone that is competent with electronics repair or someone that works on keyboards more then likely someone you find on a forum