Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Someone finally posted the files for this switch opener on Shapeways.  I had to get one to try out.

Works good so far.  I do hope they eventually offer it a more plastic options.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZLA6MAESE/switch-opener?optionId=56097936&li=ostatus

ktghLB2l.jpg

nii00OUl.jpg

e789mxJl.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZLA6MAESE/switch-opener?optionId=56097936&li=ostatus

Someone finally posted the files for this switch opener on Shapeways.  I had to get one to try out.

Works good so far.  I do hope they eventually offer it a more plastic options.

ktghLB2l.jpg

nii00OUl.jpg

e789mxJl.jpg

not surprised you got that lol also I think I have read "I do hope they eventually offer it a more plastic options" before lol

not surprised you got that lol also I think I have read "I do hope they eventually offer it a more plastic options" before lol

Definitely comes in handy for switches that aren't already soldered in.  I was real careful at first to see if was going to scuff up the switches, but it seems to work really good.

Definitely comes in handy for switches that aren't already soldered in.  I was real careful at first to see if was going to scuff up the switches, but it seems to work really good.

ya I'm sure it could come in handy I did a spring swap on some vintage blacks a week or so ago I put clear springs in them.

I really should get back to work on that project.

Hey, I got an original Ducky Shine and I was looking at purchasing some blank white PBT keycaps. I've only found Geekkey to have white PBT keycaps so far, so I was going to pick up the keycaps from them but I'm not sure if it's worth going thick PBT over the normal PBT for double the price. Any thoughts?

"Pass the Potatoes." - Richard Dawkins

Hey, I got an original Ducky Shine and I was looking at purchasing some blank white PBT keycaps. I've only found Geekkey to have white PBT keycaps so far, so I was going to pick up the keycaps from them but I'm not sure if it's worth going thick PBT over the normal PBT for double the price. Any thoughts?

What kind of switches do you have in your Shine?

I personally prefer thick PBT.

What kind of switches do you have in your Shine?

I personally prefer thick PBT.

I've got brown switches. 

"Pass the Potatoes." - Richard Dawkins

Not sure if i should get that infinity keyboard kit with gateron blues. Ill be typing on it in school so...

I don't know if this has been discussed in the last couple of pages, but I just found out that Teraset.net is no longer shipping outside of Finland.
I'm really sad about this as they were my trusted Ducky dealer.

So can anyone recommend another store where I can get and reserve the Ducky special edition keyboard with a Nordic ISO layout?

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Just got my 60% plate in the post! It fits perfectly into my black aluminium case! Now I just need to finish painting the plate! Second coat of primer is going on now!

Also still waiting on my PCB, Keycaps and a few more switches to turn up! God damn postal service...

Just got my 60% plate in the post! It fits perfectly into my black aluminium case! Now I just need to finish painting the plate! Second coat of primer is going on now!

Also still waiting on my PCB, Keycaps and a few more switches to turn up! God damn postal service...

I feel like I knew this at one point but what pcb? Is it gons nerd 60?

I feel like I knew this at one point but what pcb? Is it gons nerd 60?

You are correct! 100 points to gryffindor!

I am however having some troubles with my order... Mainly that I have heard nothing for 12 days now...

Dropped him a note on Skype just now, hopefully he messages me back soon!

I am however having some troubles with my order... Mainly that I have heard nothing for 12 days now...

I'm sure it will get worked out. At somepoint I think I want to get the NerD Mobik with the wireless combo just to try that out lol

Yeah, GON has been extremely slammed with orders.  It's been taking him longer then usual to get back to people.

Sometimes he takes a while, but he always gets back to you.

There was a mix up on my last order where he only shipped one of the two plates in my order, but he has acknowledged the mistake, and I'm waiting for it to ship.

Yeah, GON has been extremely slammed with orders.  It's been taking him longer then usual to get back to people.

Sometimes he takes a while, but he always gets back to you.

There was a mix up on my last order where he only shipped one of the two plates in my order, but he has acknowledged the mistake, and I'm waiting for it to ship.

plates for what?

More places need to sell plates of different styles

plates for what?

More places need to sell plates of different styles

I got two of his hard anodized universal 60% plates.  One for my Nerd 60 build, and I might use the other one for my Sprit 60% FaceW build if I don't like his acrylic plate.

Yes there needs to be more places selling plates. I really like the ones from Imsto's last GB. I really hope he decides to do another round of them.

Just had a chat with GON on Skype. He is hoping to send my PCB pre soldered out the end of this week or at the latest next week. He will also be sending out a lot of other orders at the same time!

Cant wait to get this PCB! Just finished spray painting the plate! Now to make the choice of LED's or No LED's as it is coming pre soldered with resistors!

Just had a chat with GON on Skype. He is hoping to send my PCB pre soldered out the end of this week or at the latest next week. He will also be sending out a lot of other orders at the same time!

Cant wait to get this PCB! Just finished spray painting the plate! Now to make the choice of LED's or No LED's as it is coming pre soldered with resistors!

Good to hear as it seems I may be making a nerd 60% for someone lol

Good to hear as it seems I may be making a nerd 60% for someone lol

Yes, I am glad to hear! Now it is a race between WASD and GON to get my package here! Both are running late!

EDIT: The race has been won! WASD gets the trophy!

He has got stock of the PCB's but I believe that the acrylic cases have had an issue with their manufacturing and has had a knock on effect...

Here are some update images of the keyboard build! Just waiting on the PCB now and then I can build and finish this thing!

17751706358_aa31191e56_z.jpg

Custom 60% keyboard by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

17751645318_d01411b6e4_z.jpg

17939409725_3ef49b9b23_z.jpg

17751520208_efbb035ed0_z.jpg

17751710610_d8fafa0ff2_z.jpg

Here are some update images of the keyboard build! Just waiting on the PCB now and then I can build and finish this thing!

looks nice. Does swills tool have a setting for a 60% case or did you get the plate files from someone like jdcarpe

looks nice. Does swills tool have a setting for a 60% case or did you get the plate files from someone like jdcarpe

Swills tool has got a 60% feature on it. You just have to make sure that the raw code hasnt got a little code in it or you will have a huge gap at the top...

{y:0.5},    - Delete that out and you will be fine. I have however got the ISO cad file if you want it...

Swills tool has got a 60% feature on it. You just have to make sure that the raw code hasnt got a little code in it or you will have a huge gap at the top...

{y:0.5},    - Delete that out and you will be fine. I have however got the ISO cad file if you want it...

ya i know about that it seems the be one of the main things that keeps coming up in his thread lol. I wouldnt be doing iso so i dont really need the files for that but let me know how it works. I'm not sure if i want to do something like a off the self 60% case or make a case for the keyboard I will be making so im not sure if i will go with the 60% case option or a his normal screw options. I may just end up getting a universal plate from gon depending on what I end up doing

ya i know about that it seems the be one of the main things that keeps coming up in his thread lol. I wouldnt be doing iso so i dont really need the files for that but let me know how it works. I'm not sure if i want to do something like a off the self 60% case or make a case for the keyboard I will be making so im not sure if i will go with the 60% case option or a his normal screw options. I may just end up getting a universal plate from gon depending on what I end up doing

well the 60% layout from Swill will put the holes in there for you.

So far I am liking the 60% form factor, its quite nice and portable! plus the keycaps look so good! 

You may want to order one from GON soon as I think they are on a long back order and you might have a long time to wait!