New Chromebook?

zinton

Im building my friend a gaming desktop and he is going to sell his current "gaming" laptop and get a Chromebook. So far all sings for a good cheap experience points to the Samsung Chromebook (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-XE303C12-A01US-Chromebook-Wi-Fi-11-6-Inch/dp/B009LL9VDG)

but I was wondering if it would be worth it for him to wait for a new one to come out because its been almost a year since this model came out.

How much is he expecting to get for his laptop?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Chrome OS, what chromebooks actually run, is not very intensive. Plus most of the apps he'll run will do the heavy lifting in the cloud. If he is just using it for browsing and basic office type apps then it should be fine. Be warned though that without a internet connection they are pretty useless. (Offline work is still pretty basic)

EDIT: So while waiting for a new chromebook won't hurt, it really will just bump up battery life since apps dictate how powerful a chromebook can be.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

I haven't heard anything concrete about a new low end Chromebook.  How much is he going to get for his existing laptop and is he using all that money to help build his desktop?

If he isn't selling it for much then it probably isnt worth it and if he is selling it for a lot than an ultrabook would be his best bet.  Overall though, the Samsung chromebook is still decent and I thought one of the major points to Chrome "OS" is that it can always run and devices should be "future proof."

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |