Every Major EA Franchise Going Free-To-Play

qwertywarrior

NOOOOOOO. WHYYYYYYYY

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm crying right now D: This can't be ;(

they already did it to C&C  (coming this year )

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

GG BF5? 

I hate to say it but F2P ruins game, absolutely ruins games.

It makes the community go to hell, just look at MOBA's.

I really hope this won't happen. I will always go with the $60 over F2P

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

GG BF5? 

I'm in your boat as well. The best free to play I've ever played was blacklight retribution and that was terrible. Devs always say it won't be pay to win, but with a free to play game, they need to make money. If BF5 turns into a pay to win, I'll be very sad :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I already don't support EA I don't care what they do.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well that's one way to get an increase in PC Gaming.

Never would I think is this solution which would increase the PC Gaming community.

GG BF5? 

F2P is not what makes MOBA communities horrible, it's the game type. Even the casual games are very dependent on teamplay, which pretty much any other genre isn't.

F2P is not what makes MOBA communities horrible, it's the game type. Even the casual games are very dependent on teamplay, which pretty much any other genre isn't.

True, but it doesn't help either? The assholes would stay for sure but a lot less foreigners in peoples games 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

So when and which titles will be F2P?

BF5? Mirror's Edge 2? Dead Space 4? FIFA15? Madden 26? NHL 15? Etc. Etc.

Cool, now I don't have to buy any of their games. I play single player games for story and very rarely play multiplayer anymore. So this doesn't effect me.

Free to play is horrible, it's always pay to win or Just has a terrible community. Goodbye battlefield, it was nice knowing you.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Cool, now I don't have to buy any of their games. I play single player games for story and very rarely play multiplayer anymore. So this doesn't effect me.

lol seriously? do you expect EA to allow the single player sides of games to be free? Its EA, I would be stunned. If I am wrong I'll eat my hat

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

If it's like Valve's F2Ps where paying just gives you cosmetic stuff then I'm ok but since it's EA we're fucked.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

*In the middle of a firefight in Battlefield 6, player runs out of ammo, gets prompt: "Please provide credit card number to add more bullets to your inventory.  Or you can now pay by Paypal"*

or

*Visit the EA store and download the ending to Dead Space 5 - AVAILABLE NOW!*

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

NOOOOOOOO THEY CANT SCREW OVER MIRRORS EDGE REBOOT :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Hopefully you wont have to pay 59.99 for BF4 and then a month later find out EA will make it F2P....

I couldn't watch the video, but are EA making a F2P game out of every franchise, or are they making every single game F2P from this point forward?

PC pirate problem solved - games could be published for consoles and PC at the same time.

Lack of time in developing solved - now they don't have to release a new game every year.

Poor server support solvee - maybe they afford to keep servers up for a few years now.

Pay to win - maybe, but you save 60$, atleast you can buy ingame content with that.

Poor community - this is the problem, although paid games have it too.

As long as it's not pay to win and pay a shipload of money for something small I'm ok with it.

But let's face it, it's EA. What's the chance they get it right? exactly, we're screwed

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Sounds pretty awful to me.. I'm mostly looking forward to Mirrors Edge 2 anyways, and I highly doubt they could make that free to play since it's a single player game.

EDIT : Wait.. what about Battlefront 3... Please EA, don't screw that up...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I couldn't watch the video, but are EA making a F2P game out of every franchise, or are they making every single game F2P from this point forward?

I watched the video now and it sounded like they are just doing F2P game out of every franchise. So nothing extraordinary then.

lol seriously? do you expect EA to allow the single player sides of games to be free? Its EA, I would be stunned. If I am wrong I'll eat my hat

No I mean I only play EA games single player wise, so if they go F2P, then there won't be a SP campaign, thus I have no reason to get any EA games anymore.