New Hardware Requirements for Star Citizen announced & More

Lukiose

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Star-Citizen-PC-256428/Specials/Star-Citzen-Systemanforderungen-1085005/

Note: Directly translated using google translate

Star Citizen: The technology - Everything is technically possible

The Cryengine is loud Chris Roberts pure PC-DNA, which put all technically feasible tools available to the Artist. For Star Citizen that the aim of making them available for all players. In the anti-aliasing will be the final release, all modes, as well as the plug in the Cryengine there: From post effects like MLAA over FXAA to super sampling with high multipliers. Likewise GPU particles, Particle-shading or deferred lighting will be used. The Cryengine is also designed so that one could new features that are added in the future direct use in the game. It does not matter whether there will soon be a Cryengine "3.5" or "4" (which Crytek yes now no numbering its engine performs more). Improvements in Cryengine can promptly come in the game used, thereby reducing the appearance of Star Citizen will improve until release. Currently you put on a slightly modified version that used'm also in Crysis 3, since the latter has slightly improved shadows and lighting. Vendor-specific features such as PhysX Tress FX or were not planned and the Cryengine not really necessary.

This means that Star Citizen will likely have progressively improving Graphics even after the game is released, in small patches and updates! But wait, because....

Star Citizen: System requirements - 8 GB RAM and 64 bit are the minimum

Chris Roberts has graphically put his team with the specific objective of Star Citizen a new milestone. In the interview, he made it clear that the hardware requirements would not, therefore, now aim for the existing state of the art. For optimal settings you'll need a high-end PC with the technology in 1.5 years. A recent GTX 770 will be expected to be adequate only for medium settings. The goal is that Star Citizen should run fluently with maybe a future GTX 880 or 980 - comparable AMD cards including of course, you would prefer a manufacturer here.

But the gaming PCs, some will be demanded not only for the graphics card: Star Citizen is absolutely need a 64-bit operating system. The reason for this is simple, as well as 8GB of memory to represent the absolute minimum. This applies not for the first hangar module, but even if the end of the module will be published dogfighting, the more memory might be necessary.Whether there would be advantages to have installed more RAM in the system, he could not say, but it is quite likely at this time. For processors, the same applies. Four cores should do the trick and will be needed if more should be done depending on the technical development of the next 12 months. As the scale of the cores will be then that he could not precisely estimate how the effect of HT.

Well boys, looks like my 3570k and 7950 + 8GB Corsair Vengeance needs some upgrade. What about you?

Free Advertisement: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

A7umCTi.png

I'm so hyped for the game i've already joined a fleet :P  2 years before game launch... Cmon, who has never dreamt of such an experience!

O_O A 770 is only medium settings???? O_O

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Oh my god, PC gaming with actual demanding requirements I have missed you!

will 2 titans + a 3970X do max settings???? LOL

THIS GAME IS GONNA BE BEAUTIFUL!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Wow.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

The ram requirements might be quite demanding to the point that we need 16GB, with the unified ram coming from Nvidia's 800 & 900 series, this game will draw heavily from both system ram and gpu vram...

Time to save up for 880/980 SLI / R10-1xxxx for this beast of a game.. Pledge upped to Arbiter level! (Can't afford much more lol ._.)

Ok, now I might actually get this game.
Just to support demanding games.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Luckilly I upgraded to 16GB of RAM before the price shot up  ^_^

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

So to summarize:

64bit OS

at LEAST a quad-core, HT or higher cores possibly beneficial

at least 8GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 770 (i.e. a GTX 680) or AMD equivalent (HD 7950 overclocked or 7970) is recommended for MEDIUM settings.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Wow... time to upgrade my graphics card. :(

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

prelim requirements are always overstated xD

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

prelim requirements are always overstated xD

Yes, but have you seen some of the stuff. On a i5 + gtx 660m laptop with 8 basic rendered ships and one with basic movements the laptop was barely getting 40 fps.

I'll record some footage of the hangar module on 29 August & see how it goes, if even that can't run smoothly on a 7950 i think we have a new phrase.

'Yes, but can it run Crysis 3? Star Citizen?'

Ok I'm going to buy into the Alpha... now to decide which tier... any suggestions?

Crysis 3 Beta I could barely run medium settings on my HD 7850, I run a mix or high/ultra on live :)

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I built this machine with 32 GB of RAM, which is overkill for games obviously, but it's for running virtual machines without the need to close them.  This may be the first time ever that I will have to close programs down in order to play games.  I haven't done this since probably Windows 95 days.

Let me restate that in one sentence:  I must shutdown programs on my 32 GB system so I can play Star Citizen effectively.

:)

Ok I'm going to buy into the Alpha... now to decide which tier... any suggestions?

the 300i is a good starter that won't break the bank

the 300i is a good starter that won't break the bank

So the Bounty Hunter pack? 

I think I'm set up alrite for it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

yeah I have a modified version of the 300i, but it's a good all around plane.

yeah I have a modified version of the 300i, but it's a good all around plane.

Awesome, thanks for the help. 

The Digital Mercenary is enough for Alpha/Beta access, after you buy the package you can actually refund it for the same value of store credits, so you can refund whatever you buy and top up the extra for a better package later on, pledge early for the benefits and upgrade to higher tiers later!

For example: Digital Mercenary $40 > Refund $40 credit + $25 = Digital Bounty Hunter > Refund $65 credit + $15 = Arbiter > Refund $80 + $45 = Digital Colonel/Freelancer.

Gives me a good reason to get a second 680m. Than I'll be set.

Hope it's as demanding as they say and not like it was for Crysis 3. I don't want the AA to be the most demanding part and the only reason you need a titan to get decent frame rate.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Gives me a good reason to get a second 680m. Than I'll be set.

Hope it's as demanding as they say and not like it was for Crysis 3. I don't want the AA to be the most demanding part and the only reason you need a titan to get decent frame rate.

I think it's due to the large persistent world and the huge polygon count & detail in everything, but given that it's currently pre-pre-alpha the game is definitely not optimised yet :x  But then again, the game isn't exactly polished to standard yet as well... So, welps.

"It can be anywhere from $35,000 to $150,000," Roberts says, speaking to the development cost associated with "a single ship."

The ship's price considers multiple factors: the time and money spent by his team to model the object and the care taken to ensure everything within that item functions realistically. Thirty-five thousand dollars, Roberts says, is the price associated with building a small space fighter, composed of animated dashboard displays and moving parts within and out. Larger carriers, like the kilometer-long Bengal Class ship featured in the prototype version of the game and showcased as part of the crowdfunding campaign, inch closer to the $150,000 mark.

Once conceptualized, ships are given a detailed wrapper made up of up to seven million polygons, for the game's largest carriers. In contrast to current-generation games, the Star Citizen Kickstarter page noted that most 'AAA' games today have "10,000 polygons for a character and 30,000 or so for a vehicle." A single fighter in Star Citizen, the campaign page claims, is built with 300,000 polygons."

If a 'fighter' like the hornet/aurora is already 300k polygons, i can't imagine the larger ships like the freelancer and constellation or even the Idris Corvette O_o