So I sent back my PG279Q for refund.

Ryzone

I had the PG279Q, but it had too much black light bleed for me. It was all around the screen, I put some picture's down below. Now I'm asking you guys, should I keep trying for a good PG279Q, or jump ship to the new Acer XB271HU. People over on Overclock.net seem to like the new Acer XB271HU over the Asus PG279Q because it has way better quality control than the Asus.

900x900px-LL-30f58c85_IMG_1387.jpeg

900x900px-LL-1da56b33_IMG_1389.jpeg

900x900px-LL-84386392_BLB.png

If you had problems with A and people tell you B is better than A. I'd go for B then.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

10/10 screen bleeding monitors are the best

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Get the xb270hu. I have it and its perfect. No blb no dustspots no deadpixels. Or you wait 3-4 months till pg279q has better examples.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

If you had problems with A and people tell you B is better than A. I'd go for B then.

Yeah, I wish it was that easy.

The xb270hu was worse for QC bit its hard to really know. I haven't seen a tftcentral review for the 271 so maybe it's great but it could be otherwise bad but with the bleed fixed.

I had the PG279Q, but it had too much black light bleed for me. It was all around the screen, I put some picture's down below. Now I'm asking you guys, should I keep trying for a good PG279Q, or jump ship to the new Acer XB271HU. People over on Overclock.net seem to like the new Acer XB271HU over the Asus PG279Q because it has way better quality control than the Asus.

Looks exactly like mine :-( , and I sent it back yesterday too.

Looks exactly like mine :-( , and I sent it back yesterday too.

There in stock over at amazon.com I grabbed one and if this one isn't good, I'm going to have to side with the XB271HU.

if your not looking at a black screen....this doesn't even show up ...why bother

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Get the XB271HU.

The panel and frame was made to help fix the bleed problems of the PG279 and XB270.  That was the purpose of that monitor.

Asus won't fix the PG279Q problems until they develop its successor next year.

Both of those are using the exact same panel, both will have very similar QC issues.

Problem is, all LCD's have a backlight, so all LCD's can have backlight bleed.

Some may have slightly better QA and thus have less bleed, but ur still playing the lottery on how much bleed ur gunna get.

if u cant stand backlight bleed, then well, LCD's aren't for u. The problem then being, there are no 'new' alternative, only 'second hand' ones.

ur other option being what im doing, hold out for OLED. Vote with ur wallet, do what u can to give manufactures the nudge they need to replace LCD with OLED. Because they will milk LCD for years to come if they can.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I just got the MG279Q and I am on the fence whether I want to return it.  I am suffering from nearly the exact same bleed you have, bottom right corner.  Your overall panel has a bit worse bleed than mine

I have 2 PB278Q as well but they are flawless, not a hint of bleed.  With them on either side of the MG279Q you can really see how bad it is

Get the XB271HU.

The panel and frame was made to help fix the bleed problems of the PG279 and XB270.  That was the purpose of that monitor.

Asus won't fix the PG279Q problems until they develop its successor next year.

You mean get the XB271HU, the monitor that will have terrible QC, like every single ACER monitor. AU Optronics makes the panel, so it is AU Optronics that needs to fix panels, not ASUSs fault. AU Optronics is ACER

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Well I ordered another PG279Q from amazon this time since they finally got stock. If this one doesn't hold up, I'll be returning for refund and getting the XB271HU. I really don't like Acer from how they are treating customers on their forums related to the Acer X34, but Asus isn't much different since they want to ship out broken RoG monitors.