Budget dual xeon build

So I saw the new Xeon build video and I couldn't resist to try and get at it myself. I did however want to go up a little bit in performance(CPU wise, not graphics card) and maybe have more cores. (not physical cores, hyper threaded is what I have in mind) I came across the X5560 and didn't know if it would do better (or worse) in gaming than the L5420 we saw in the video. I plan on getting two CPUs regardless of what it is i get. I may eventually use this system to edit/render some video but nothing crazy. I planned on matching the X5560's with the HP Z800 motherboard. I know these chips have a slower 2.8 clock speed but I've heard that these can get a stable 3.3GHz. So, thoughts, comments suggestions? The advice would be greatly appreciated  :D Thanks!

They will perform better yes, but good luck on getting a decent price on a good LGA1336 board, seems like those haven't dropped in price much.

I will be posting a full guide in the next few days. You can check out my LGA 2011 build by searching for LGA 2011. It isn't the easiest thing ever.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

They will perform better yes, but good luck on getting a decent price on a good LGA1336 board, seems like those haven't dropped in price much.

d70f853400.jpg

I will be posting a full guide in the next few days. You can check out my LGA 2011 build by searching for LGA 2011. It isn't the easiest thing ever.

What kind of cinebench scores do you get with that build? I've been looking at building a dual socket LGA 2011 or -3 compute server.

d70f853400.jpg

Thats only single socket. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I am planning on going for 2 separate cpu's. So I will need a dual socket board. My bad if I made that confusing. 

What kind of cinebench scores do you get with that build? I've been looking at building a dual socket LGA 2011 or -3 compute server.

Thats only single socket. 

I currently get around 1067, although I am trying to get it up a little bit. I believe the chip itself is unlocked, but I have no wat to tell for certain as the motherboard is not overclockable. Mind you that is with one E5-2680 ES chip. It was non-production. Production chips will probably be a little more expensive but probably increase score by a few percent.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I have an HP Z600 that I got for like $250. I upgraded it to 2 X5670s that I got for $25ish each. It came with 8GB of ram but I upped it to 8 gigs per channel for a total of 16GB. I paired that with my existing AMD R9-270x and it made for one dope system.

A lot of those Dell boards require specific power supply adapters and also will not be overclockable.... best to check craigslist or something if you are interested in 1366 stuff. You can check the builds in my signature to get an idea of what I have and to follow some of the threads on overclock.net if some of you are wanting to pursue Xeon overclocking. 

• 4 weeks later...

will an Intel Core i5 750 overclocked perform better than Linus's System?