Modding the Cougar QBX Mini ITX Case

Hello everyone!

So I'm on the hunt for a new case, preferably either Mini-ITX or Micro-ATX. The Cougar QBX case caught my eye recently due to its clean look and small size, but unfortunately it lacks a side window. I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the left grill from the case and install a clear side window instead.

Does anyone have any experience with this case? Is it even practical to remove the side grill? From what I've seen it seems to be either glued on or screwed on from the inside. Any answers would be helpful!

Also, if anyone has an idea for a sick red/black themed build that would work for a small form factor case, let me know, because that is my end goal with this build.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Hello everyone!

So I'm on the hunt for a new case, preferably either Mini-ITX or Micro-ATX. The Cougar QBX case caught my eye recently due to its clean look and small size, but unfortunately it lacks a side window. I was wondering if it would be possible to remove the left grill from the case and install a clear side window instead.

Does anyone have any experience with this case? Is it even practical to remove the side grill? From what I've seen it seems to be either glued on or screwed on from the inside. Any answers would be helpful!

Also, if anyone has an idea for a sick red/black themed build that would work for a small form factor case, let me know, because that is my end goal with this build.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Welcome to the Forums!

From the looks of things it would be possible but to see inside you would need to remove a HDD/Fan bracket that is right behind it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/14-06-04/106b.jpg

Hadron air and paint

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!