does a used ssd is usefull in a build?

Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

~snip~

Hey there BolivianGamer :)

A few words of advice from me :) Second hand drives can be a good option for a budget build or upgrade but I would strongly advise you to check the S.M.A.R.T. status first and verify that everything is fine with the drive before purchasing it. you don't want your data at risk on a faulty or degraded drive. 
If you have trouble reading the S.M.A.R.T. status feel free to post it here and we can help you out :)

Captain_WD.

well i want to buy ssd for xmas and i have around 50 USD but taxes and shipping are expensive 

should i get and used ssd or a new one (i could ask for money to my dad :D)

tanks 

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-SSDNow-SV300S37A-120G/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449022748&sr=1-3&keywords=ssd

Here's a decent SSD for under 50 bucks, I'm not sure how much it'd be to ship to you though.

V300 still isn't a good SSD for the money, even with the new firmware.

"Rawr XD"

SSDs become slower over time, this is because flash storage has an amount of endurance that, with writes to the disk, decay.

So buying used SSDs isn't recommended.

Shipping and taxes can be really expensive, most of the times, even in South America, it's cheaper (and less of a headache) to buy locally.

There's a deal for samsung 850 series drives, they are 50%off and come with syndicatew, check it on amazon

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

There's a deal for samsung 850 series drives, they are 50%off and come with syndicatew, check it on amazon

They aren't really 50%...list price is a marketing gimmick.  250gb 850 evos have been as low as $70 recently, so I would shop around.  Also, AC: Syndicate only comes with the 500gb+ models.

V300 still isn't a good SSD for the money, even with the new firmware.wi

why?

SSDs become slower over time, this is because flash storage has an amount of endurance that, with writes to the disk, decay.

So buying used SSDs isn't recommended.

Shipping and taxes can be really expensive, most of the times, even in South America, it's cheaper (and less of a headache) to buy locally.

yeah but hear they were trying to sell me an kingston ssd of 120gb for like 200 usd telling me that y should spend all of my budget in that shitty ssd (just like linus in scrapyard wars still he won) then i realized that that ssd was used  :D and 180 for a used ssd was a rip off  

and hey am from south america hello

tanks bob the tank builder likes your post

i just realized theres no international shipping guide in the forrum should do it my self?

~snip~

A few words of advice from me :) Second hand drives can be a good option for a budget build or upgrade but I would strongly advise you to check the S.M.A.R.T. status first and verify that everything is fine with the drive before purchasing it. you don't want your data at risk on a faulty or degraded drive. 
If you have trouble reading the S.M.A.R.T. status feel free to post it here and we can help you out :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

They aren't really 50%...list price is a marketing gimmick.  250gb 850 evos have been as low as $70 recently, so I would shop around.  Also, AC: Syndicate only comes with the 500gb+ models.

Ac does come with 250gb drive now

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Captain_WD.

thanks unfortunately i can see the S.M.A.R.T status of any drive i check because i would buy them through some page(no idea which one) and then a company called sky box would send them here 

i could ask for the S.M.A.R.T status to the seller but there ios the posibility that he would fake the S.M.A.R.T read

but i think im gonna buy a new ssd instead of a used one because the problems it bring to buy used   

thanks

~snip~

Well usually the S.M.A.R.T. status comes with the drive's unique serial number. You can ask for that plus the serial number of the drive itself. This way you would be sure that the particular S.M.A.R.T. status belongs to that particular drive. :) But getting a new one is always the better and safer option!

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/