Is the sidegrade worth it?

Go to solution Solved by App4that,

Here bud, I'll answer you.

Yeah, I wouldn't change the CPU just because you change the board. Sure something like a Sklylake would be nice but then you have ram and everything else to buy. Just get the MOBO.

Right now i have the MSI Z97 SLI-55 but im looking to go MATX because having a 20x20cm case on my desk is quite unpleasent. (SHOUTOUT TO THE Corsair 500R FUCKING MID TOWER AS BIG AS A FULL :Kappa:). But here is the question, i have a i7-4770K. Is it worth going down to a Matx motherboard without an upgrade? I dont overclock (i could but fuck me) so. Yes no maybe?

TO CLARIFY, I HAVE ATX, I WANNA GO Matx (or even mini itx if i have to but that iradicates future Sli/crossfire which isnt smart imo).

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

dont waste money on another board unless it died

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

dont waste money on another board unless it died

I have ATX rn, i wanna go MATX. Gotta switch bud

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

You want it, but do you need it?

>inb4 death grips

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Here bud, I'll answer you.

Yeah, I wouldn't change the CPU just because you change the board. Sure something like a Sklylake would be nice but then you have ram and everything else to buy. Just get the MOBO.

If anyone asks you never saw me.