Glass side panel

skyress3000

I just got the Noctis 450 and there's already a scratch on the damn plexi window, anyone know of any good tutorials for replacing plexi windows with glass?

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Probably a way but NZXT can send a replacement sidepanel. They usually have no questions and just send it. Very good and nice customer support over at NZXT.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Probably a way but NZXT can send a replacement sidepanel. They usually have no questions and just send it. Very good and nice customer support over at NZXT.

huh, neven knew that. I might have to do that. Mine is terribly scratched.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I just got the Noctis 450 and there's already a scratch on the damn plexi window, anyone know of any good tutorials for replacing plexi windows with glass?

you could contact a glass shop have them cut it for you the problem with glass is it can break easily even when you do everything right 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

you could contact a glass shop have them cut it for you the problem with glass is it can break easily even when you do everything right 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but then I would need a mounting mechanism

I want something that won't scratch again....

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

a glass sidepanel would need to be either stuck to the inside (leaving a small gap between the case side panel edge and the glass) or custom cut and machined to be inset, flush with the panel

if you can find a place that does that, it will cost a lot of money

the best option is to ask NZXT for a new side panel, or you should save up a few hundred dollars for custom machined glass

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but then I would need a mounting mechanism

I want something that won't scratch again....

use the screws that come with the window just take the side panel to them show them the window they will probably bore out a small guide whole for the screws just like the plastic one has now done :)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Well it's a fairly simple process, the old panel is held in with metal tabs IIRC so instead of using those, removing those tabs and getting a piece of glass larger than the opening itself and using double sided tape or silicone to adhere the glass in place is one way of installing it.

or use lexan (poly carb)... double sided industrial/outdoor tape, U channel rubber thing (which I have no idea where Bill Owen sources his) and tada. same thing works for glass, but Lexan is much cheaper and more durable than acrylic. 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!