1440p IPS display

Eruvador

Ok so i need help finding a monitor, i know little to nothing other then ips has better color and viewing angles then tn's and they have slower refresh rates and response times

I would like a 1440p IPS monitor that does 120hz or 144hz thats 23"-27" (27" if possible) and i have a budget of about £500 

Is this even possible? please link some monitors that fit the requirements and feel free to call me stupid if i'm asking to much for a low price

Ok so i need help finding a monitor, i know little to nothing other then ips has better color and viewing angles then tn's and they have slower refresh rates and response times

I would like a 1440p IPS monitor that does 120hz or 144hz thats 23"-27" (27" if possible) and i have a budget of about £500 

Is this even possible? please link some monitors that fit the requirements and feel free to call me stupid if i'm asking to much for a low price

To my understanding, that isnt possible 3:

Moist

it appears i accidentally posted this twice? any way i could remove one?  

Report your thread to a mod :3 They'll get right on it.  Click the report option beside "Multiquote"

Moist

This is the cheapest monitor i know of what fits the requirements http://www.amazon.com/Acer-XB270HU-bprz-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00UPVXDA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448998134&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+xb27hu

IPS has a lesser response time and I don't know about refresh rate but I have a 144HZ VG248QE that's astounding. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-mg279q probably not to meet all your requirements, but it is an IPS 4ms response time, 144Hz and 27"

IPS has a lesser response time and I don't know about refresh rate but I have a 144HZ VG248QE that's astounding. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-mg279q probably not to meet all your requirements, but it is an IPS 4ms response time, 144Hz and 27"

what is freesync? i know what g-synk is but not this

I'm pretty sure Freesync is AMD's G-Sync.

If you have a Nvidia graphics card (GTX 650ti Boost or higher) you should get a G-sync monitor

If you have an AMD GPU get a Free-sync monitor

The MG279Q will be the cheapest option that meets your criteria. Keep in mind you don't need an AMD GPU to use a FreeSync monitor, or an NVIDIA GPU to use a G-SYNC monitor. You just won't be able to activate that feature.

How much of a difference would G-sync make with a 980ti? i know it aligns the FPS with the refresh rate for a smooth look but would it make £200 pounds worth of difference? 

The only monitors that have IPS, 27", 144hz are:

Acer XB270HU (Gsync)

Asus PG279Q (Gsync)

Asus MG279Q (Freesync)

All three are very similar in terms of picture quality, specs, etc.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build