How to encrypt your drives (Text + video Tutorial)

Hey guys in the following video I show simple method to encrypt and drive or USB, using veracrypt which is  the succesor to Truecrypt. This is compatible with Windows (all versions), linux and mac. For linux the installation will very. Also my first tutorial so any feedback is good to thanks. Hope this helps someone!

Text version here:

Step 1: Head over to veracrypt and download an installer (for your os)

https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/releases/view/616110

Step 2: After running the installation process open veracrypt in administrator mode.

Step 3: After vera opens click on the create volume button in the lower left.

Step 4: You will have three options choose number 1 for making and encrypted file and number 2 which is what we are using for making an encrypted drive/usb.

Step 5: You will be prompted again with two choices now one for a Standard encryption and Hidden encryption. Hidden is like a hidden partition or section of "your device" that will not show up. An standard is just creating a regular encrypted volume.

Step 6: Next you will be faced with a screen that will ask you to choose the drive you would like to encrypt do be careful as all drives will show up here.

Step 7: After you have chosen your drive click next at the bottom.

Step 8: Now you will have to choose you encryption method and algorithm

Step 9: Choose an algorithm that you feel safe with, google the names to find which suit you.

Step 10: For this tutorial we will stick with AES that is encrypting in 512.

Step 11: You can leave the hash at default if you wish.

Step 12: You will now be shown a overview of you device that is being encrypted and the size of it then click next.

Step 13: Choose a password that you will remember and that is a minimum of 20 characters, number and symbols.

Step 14: You make choose have a file unlock instead of a password or along side a password then click next after you have finished.

Step 15: Now choose the files system you wish to have on the volume after encryption such as NTFS or Fat32, then click format.

Step 16: This could take up to 12 hours! Depending on the size of your drive and encryption method (algorithm)

Step 17: After you drive has been formatted and encrypted it will not show up.

Step 18: You will need to go into veracrypt click on a drive letter and then in the bottom click select device and look for your device via (name or size) and then click open.

Step 19: After clicking open in the bottom right of vera click mount.

Step 20: You will be prompted to enter your password or keyfile.

Step 21: You will be prompted with a loading bar that could take a few minutes depending again on the size of your drive and encryption method.

Step 22: Your done! Open your file manager and view your drive!

Step 23: To dismount your drive after adding files open vera select the drive letter and click dismount.

Step 24: Enjoy!

PS. Did my best to grammar check this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

Monitors: 2x Asus TUF Gaming 24" 1440p  144hz, 2x LG  75Hz 1080p LED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Display: 16-inch (3072 x 1920)

Could you add a text version and not use the youtube url shorten-er so it's embedded in your post please? Looks cool though

Haven't watched the whole thing, but I can already say I enjoy your presentation style and enthusiasm. The quality is great, and the instructions are clear. I'm going to bookmark this and use it once I get home!

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

Thanks so much I will all add a text  based version asap!

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

Monitors: 2x Asus TUF Gaming 24" 1440p  144hz, 2x LG  75Hz 1080p LED

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Display: 16-inch (3072 x 1920)