[help] new 6700k iGPU build, no video output

Ziltoid_
Go to solution Solved by Ziltoid_,

So I went out and bought some new Ram and it booted right up, looks like I did indeed have DOA ram. Thank you scottyseng and Naeaes for the help :)

I just finished putting together a new build for my Dad, and I can't get any video output from it. Specs:

6700k (using iGPU)

ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming

Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz

EVGA 500B PSU

Other components that are hooked up:

2x1TB Sandisk Ultra IIs (for Raid 1)

CD Drive

CD Slot Card Reader

CM Hyper 212 Evo

Fractal Define R5

From the outside, the computer appears to be booting normally. When I push the power button the motherboard lights come on, and the CPU and case fans start to spin. But I haven't been able to get any video signal(or POST) from it. The motherboard has the following video connectors on it:

VGA

DVI-D

HDMI

Displayport

and I have tried all of them except for Displayport. I also don't have an internal speaker hooked up, so I can't get any audible feedback about the POST.

Any ideas?

-snip-

Hmm, you might try reseating the RAM a few times (Happened to me where I thought I had a DOA board, but the RAM slots on my mobo were just really picky about being tight...took me 2-3 reseats to get it to post).

You might also clear the CMOS (Though it'd be pretty strange if you had to since you haven't done anything to the BIOS yet).

Double check all connections for loose power cables.

Ok so I am going through the process of testing each stick in each slot and I noticed that the CPU_LED light flashes for a second when I push the power button but then it switches to the DRAM_LED light and stays there. I'm gonna try re-seating the CPU next.

So it looks like it's never been posting.

Ok so I am going through the process of testing each stick in each slot and I noticed that the CPU_LED light flashes for a second when I push the power button but then it switches to the DRAM_LED light and stays there. I'm gonna try re-seating the CPU next.

So it looks like it's never been posting.

Well, do you have a Mem okay button on that board? You might try pressing it. Check the manual for the proper memory locations / try reseating RAM again. Maybe you might have DOA RAM (it happens). I really doubt it's the CPU unless you have bent pins in the socket...

So I went out and bought some new Ram and it booted right up, looks like I did indeed have DOA ram. Thank you scottyseng and Naeaes for the help :)