My first build

Hey guys, 

I am currently working on my first pc build and wondering if you guys think it is good or if you have any recommendations?

I am planing on using it mostly for 1080p gaming.

Here are the parts:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/penguin2424/saved/nVTcCJ

I know the ram is overkill but I already bought it and i got a great deal.

I haven't looked into monitors yet, so the monitor listed there i don't really care about. I am looking for something that is 1080p, has a HDMI port and a VGA port, i would also prefer if it was a VESA mount compatible.

Hey guys, 

I am currently working on my first pc build and wondering if you guys think it is good or if you have any recommendations?

Here are the parts:

I haven't looked into monitors yet, so the monitor listed there i don't really care about. I am looking for something that is 1080p, has a HDMI port and a VGA port, i would also prefer if it was a VESA mount compatible.

How much are you thinking about spending on a monitor?

How much are you thinking about spending on a monitor?

I don't really have a price for my monitor but i would like to keep the whole build including Windows and a monitor under $800

Hey guys, 

Here are the parts:

Hows this? 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($80.89 @ OutletPC) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $729.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 11:00 EST-0500

THE R9 380 OUT PERFORMS THE 960!!!

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Hows this? 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($80.89 @ OutletPC) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $729.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 11:00 EST-0500

THE R9 380 OUT PERFORMS THE 960!!!

thanks, 

I monitor looks like a good deal and I want the 960 because i like some of the benefits the 960 has, especially nvidia GameStream, because i have a nvidia shield tablet.

Replace the processor with the FX-6300

Im not sure why but pc part picker is saying it isn't compatible with my build

you gotta change the mobo then

Console is better because its cheaper ~console peasants

Your graphics card has ports, the hdmi etc. on the mobo is just for when you're using on board graphics. FX-6300 uses AM3+.

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

Your graphics card has ports, the hdmi etc. on the mobo is just for when you're using on board graphics. FX-6300 uses AM3+.

Im sorry, I'm new to this, what is AM3+?

socket on motherboard (the place where your cpu fits). Search for motherboards and filter by am3+, or use pc part picker which removes incompatable options.

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

what you could do on pcpartpicker is get rid of both then chose the fx 6300 then it will only put the boards that are compatible for the chip

Console is better because its cheaper ~console peasants

Im sorry, I'm new to this, what is AM3+?

Do not use the FX 6300 like he is suggesting. Instead get an i3 with an LGA 1150 motherboard. Trust me, it's worth it.

I just built my computer yesterday with a FX-6300 and a R9 380

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/483614-build-log-desk-build-home-theater-build/page-2

You can see it come together there and I explained a bit of my adventure. I also showed a benchtest score from Firemark.

Just showing in case it helps you make the decision. 

Monitor + Headphones + Keyboard + Computer

Under $620

Hey guys,

Here are the parts:

what about this. I don't know if you wanted to include ram into the build cost considering you already bought it. As for windows, just buy it off reddit for 20$

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9cpL3C

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9cpL3C/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($319.99 @ Micro Center)

Case: BitFenix Neos ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)

Monitor: Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $760.93

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 11:46 EST-0500

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

what about this. I don't know if you wanted to include ram into the build cost considering you already bought it. As for windows, just buy it off reddit for 20$

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9cpL3C

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9cpL3C/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($319.99 @ Micro Center)

Case: BitFenix Neos ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)

Monitor: Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $760.93

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-01 11:46 EST-0500

It looks like a great build but buying windows for $20 off reddit seems kinda sketchy, and the monitor isn't what i'm looking for. Also, i'd like to stick with a CPU that I could potentially over-clock in the future.

It looks like a great build but buying windows for $20 off reddit seems kinda sketchy, and the monitor isn't what i'm looking for. Also, i'd like to stick with a CPU that I could potentially over-clock in the future.

reddit is fine, i know lot of people who have used it.

I just put a random monitor that matched the price of the one in your build btw.

edit :if you want to oc, look into buying an older cpu like the 3770k off ebay, that's what i did.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

reddit is fine, i know lot of people who have used it.

I just put a random monitor that matched the price of the one in your build btw.

edit :if you want to oc, look into buying an older cpu like the 3770k off ebay, that's what i did.

Ok thanks, 

I haven't really used reddit before, can you link the reddit page where i would buy it?

Ok thanks, 

I haven't really used reddit before, can you link the reddit page where i would buy

https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

haven't used it myself, but i've only heard good things about it.

still ask around just in case