Stock 6700k 90 Degrees at full load.

CPU-Z

Hardware Monitor

HWinfo32/64

Few others....that I can't remember names of but may come up in "Hardware Monitoring software" search's.

http://puu.sh/lFoBo/ba091c064e.png HWMonitor after running prime95.

although, cpu-z reports 1.270 voltage

http://puu.sh/lFoBo/ba091c064e.png HWMonitor after running prime95.

although, cpu-z reports 1.270 voltage

So it's using 1.32v under load from that image.

Setting the voltage in the bios (do you know how?) lower and lower each pass until its unstable, then add more.

As stated on the previous page,...1.1v or so... should totally bring down those temps.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So it's using 1.32v under load from that image.

Setting the voltage in the bios (do you know how?) lower and lower each pass until its unstable, then add more.

As stated on the previous page,...1.1v or so... should totally bring down those temps.

What do you mean by unstable? Should i stesstest it every time?

What do you mean by unstable? Should i stesstest it every time?

Yeah test each run (with lower volts) to see if the CPU will hold those clockspeeds at the lower voltage. (Mobo is pushing too much in as it is, above normal)

Unstable would be issues you don't see normally under load,...

'hardlock' <-unresponsive to any actions but no BSOD.

Also would be the BluescreenofDeath and such.

Your machine will prob auto restart with a BSOD (windows by default is set that way) so when it does BSOD (if it does) it will reboot the machine.

Which is when you mash the DEL key and finetune the voltage in the bios again.

You'll know it when you have it. (This is why advice to MONITOR everything and do not leave the PC alone with stress)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah test each run (with lower volts) to see if the CPU will hold those clockspeeds at the lower voltage. (Mobo is pushing too much in as it is, above normal)

Unstable would be issues you don't see normally under load,...

'hardlock' <-unresponsive to any actions but no BSOD.

Also would be the BluescreenofDeath and such.

Your machine will prob auto restart with a BSOD (windows by default is set that way) so when it does BSOD (if it does) it will reboot the machine.

Which is when you mash the DEL key and finetune the voltage in the bios again.

You'll know it when you have it. (This is why advice to MONITOR everything and do not leave the PC alone with stress)

But is it fine to stresstest it when the temperature is way above safe?

But is it fine to stresstest it when the temperature is way above safe?

What I'd be doing, is not stress using the 1.32v at all right now we know those temps already,.........setting the bios to 1.2v-1.25v now, and testing if its stable. If it is, try under 1.2, say 1.185 then test, then 1.175 n test and so on....

I know your worried about temps, but I would personally start at the 1.25v - Work my way down,... You'll know soon enough if it works as with too LESS of a voltage value, windows will either crash on startup or when you run programs you'll see errors or a restart. This is when you know its unstable instantly and must add voltage to get it to work. Which you also test and such to make sure.

What I'd be doing, is not stress using the 1.32v at all right now we know those temps already,.........setting the bios to 1.2v-1.25v now, and testing if its stable. If it is, try under 1.2, say 1.185 then test, then 1.175 n test and so on....

I know your worried about temps, but I would personally start at the 1.25v - Work my way down,... You'll know soon enough if it works as with too LESS of a voltage value, windows will either crash on startup or when you run programs you'll see errors or a restart. This is when you know its unstable instantly and must add voltage to get it to work. Which you also test and such to make sure.

I can't boot at all when using XMP in the bios, which i believe is because this motherboard is a piece of garbage. Other people have this problem too.

Without XMP, it automatically defaults to 1.32 voltage. I don't know what to do know :(

I can't boot at all when using XMP in the bios, which i believe is because this motherboard is a piece of garbage. Other people have this problem too.

Without XMP, it automatically defaults to 1.32 voltage. I don't know what to do know :(

XMP really shouldn't be changing the voltage like.. AT ALL.

Without XMP, is your CPU voltage setting put back on AUTO or does it say 1.32v again, can you change that again to lower?

XMP really shouldn't be changing the voltage like.. AT ALL.

Without XMP, is your CPU voltage setting put back on AUTO or does it say 1.32v again, can you change that again to lower?

If i switch to XMP, it allows me to change the core voltage. (It actually changes to 1.075) But if i don't use XMP, it says it's on 1.312 even after putting it on manual: 1.075.

I just successfully booted with XMP and 1.075 voltage, but HWmonitor and CPU-Z still reads 1.3(1.4 actually :S)... 

I'm thinking this motherboard is just straight up garbage.

I booted up with 0.6 voltage manual mode, and im somehow up to 100 degrees celsius. Im thinking this has to be some kind of bug with the bios?

Thanks for trying to help, i think im just gonna leave it as is and order a new mobo.

If i switch to XMP, it allows me to change the core voltage. (It actually changes to 1.075) But if i don't use XMP, it says it's on 1.312 even after putting it on manual: 1.075.

I just successfully booted with XMP and 1.075 voltage, but HWmonitor and CPU-Z still reads 1.3(1.4 actually :S)... 

I'm thinking this motherboard is just straight up garbage.

I booted up with 0.6 voltage manual mode, and im somehow up to 100 degrees celsius. Im thinking this has to be some kind of bug with the bios?

Thanks for trying to help, i think im just gonna leave it as is and order a new mobo.

Yeah after all that I'm just as confused as you... and no doubt something is amiss thats just......well.. fkd up with that board...

Side note - Have you tried updating the Bios?

Apart from that...We tried...Sorry it couldn't be sorted in quick fashion.

Yeah after all that I'm just as confused as you... and no doubt something is amiss thats just......well.. fkd up with that board...

I did try and update the BIOS after it failed to boot 3 times in a row. Hard shutdown was the only thing that fixed it.

~~To anyone else wondering about this mobo: Don't fucking buy it. Not even if you're on a budget. Save the money.~~

There are some problems with this mobo, like XMP profiles are broken for many people, including me. If you're looking for a good overclocking board, this is not it.

FIXED THE TEMP!!

So, there was this 3 pin connector on my motherboard that i (AND my dad.) assumed was a chassi_fan connector, although there's no name on the motherboard next to it, nor is it in the manual.

When i unplugged my chassi from it, the temps suddenly dropped and im now running at 60degrees max load (CPU fan barely spinning too!)

Soo... whoopsie! 

Edit: All bios settings are being saved now too. Running 1.15 voltage @ 4.2ghz

Edit2: Still having some really shitty problems with the motherboard though, still wouldn't recommend it.