Weird Issue with playing any video in chrome/ie/firefox/edge etc.

RuffRuffmcgruff

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue I haven't seen before, here's a link to the issue. As you can see it will distort the image past a certain point of the video playing area.

Any ideas ?

If you need more info e.g. sys spec lemme know.

Cheers

J

*edit* If this breaches CoC for advertising let me know

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

It's just videos in the browser? If you watch a movie or something it's fine?

Specs would also be helpful

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

It's just videos in the browser? If you watch a movie or something it's fine?

Specs would also be helpful

Specs 

It is just videos in the browser windows media player and vlc both play fine.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Specs 

It is just videos in the browser windows media player and vlc both play fine.

Have you tried updating the Intel Integrated Graphics driver? 

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Did you just upgrade to win10 by any chance? I had this issue on my laptop right after I upgraded. I tried everything I could think of back then (drivers & browser reinstalls, lots of other random things); didn't find any solution for it, so I did a clean install (which wasn't a bad idea anyway) and the issue was gone.

Have you tried updating the Intel Integrated Graphics driver? 

Tried that still happening :S

Did you just upgrade to win10 by any chance? I had this issue on my laptop right after I upgraded. I tried everything I could think of back then (drivers & browser reinstalls, lots of other random things); didn't find any solution for it, so I did a clean install (which wasn't a bad idea anyway) and the issue was gone.

I've been on win 10 since release, this issue has only started happening about a month ago, checked the event logs nothing was installed/broken at the time the issue has started. Real headscratcher.

I've been on win 10 since release, this issue has only started happening about a month ago, checked the event logs nothing was installed/broken at the time the issue has started. Real headscratcher.

Yeah I couldn't figure it out at the time as well... :-( Since mine started right after the upgrade I figured the windows install was somehow corrupted from doing the upgrade. Have you checked when updates for windows were installed? Maybe one of those did it?

I'm going to follow this for educational purposes.

Yeah I couldn't figure it out at the time as well... :-( Since mine started right after the upgrade I figured the windows install was somehow corrupted from doing the upgrade. Have you checked when updates for windows were installed? Maybe one of those did it?

I'm going to follow this for educational purposes.

Update: I've checked the updates that where installed round about the time of the issue starting, uninstalled and tried again and still the issue is there. Going to keep on digging.

2nd Update: After uninstalling KB 3106932 and restarting youtube is no longer showing this issue, vimeo seems to be the culprit. 

Final post: Issue has been solved it was done by disabling hardware acceleration in chrome, vimeo now displays videos fine :)