Seemingly random "no signal" (HW issue)

KN_Ikari

Since last week my pc is randomly hanging: the monitor turns off and shows no signal, so I need to reboot and hope the pc will turn on without problems (which is not always true). I'm sure it isn't a software problem, because it crashed on Windows, a live Linux pendrive and even in the bios. However I was able to run a "stress test" without facing any problem (boinc + gpu stress test).

It started when the screen would turn pink while not in use. I then changed my power supply (I have an evga gs 650w now), but after a while this started happening, mostly when I'm not using my pc. The event log in Windows shows a video driver crash, so I'm suspecting that the vga is the problem. However I have no way of testing it in another computer atm. Do you have any clue on what could be the cause of the problem? Or can you suggest a way to test some components (no spare parts apart from the old psu, which in theory still works)?

Edit: the vga is a Radeon HD6850

Same problem here, minus event viewer reporting driver crashes and the pink screen.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I'm testing my pc with the old PSU now too see if the problem persist. The only difference is that the power led and the optical drive aren't plugged in because I'm lazy.

PS: please don't do this, and don't look at the case... and the cable management...

bwAIirK.jpg

I redid all the cabling, it seems a cable was slightly loose. I hope that was the only problem.