Can You Download the steelseries Headset Engine On Linux?

Bread In The Box

I have a burning question! I am using Linux Ubuntu (newest version ofc..) and i got an serious issue. Im getting 60 or under 60 dollars (50 in euros) to get an headset beacuse of my crappy mic that i have right now and it makes anoying white noise to my friends and i get kicked out of skype some times :( . now when i get my new gaming headphones (i was thinking to get Steelseries RAW Prism) it needs an modifying engine for the mic and the led lights at the side of the headphones. i watched reviews about them and it is pretty suitable for the budget that i have right now. but the real thing that i want to ask the linux users out there(im still starter at linux so...), is it possible to install SteelSeries engine 3 to linux or is there anything similar to this application that it would work on to modify the headphones?

This is my first post so dont go hard on me :mellow:

Thanks! And eat Bread Everyone! :D

Personally I would got for the HyperX cloud's if you can find them for the right price.

No shiny LED's though. But no software needed either. IMO best price/performance headphones you can get.

I guess you could check steelseries' site for compat list?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Personally I would got for the HyperX cloud's if you can find them for the right price.

No shiny LED's though. But no software needed either. IMO best price/performance headphones you can get.

I guess you could check steelseries' site for compat list?

I actually checked on their Compat list there is that engine 3  and its for windows 7 or higher and i cant actually download it from browser cause the windows wine im using its not supported for windows 7 or higher but there is engine 2 but its not compatable for the headset im trying to get. and the hyper x cloud are expensive i cant stretch higher than 60 in euros :c

I actually checked on their Compat list there is that engine 3  and its for windows 7 or higher and i cant actually download it from browser cause the windows wine im using its not supported for windows 7 or higher but there is engine 2 but its not compatable for the headset im trying to get. and the hyper x cloud are expensive i cant stretch higher than 60 in euros :c

How much is HyperX cloud in Euros? I'm in Canada, so I wouldn;t know.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

80 originally if you are lucky, goes up to 100 with these damn Finnish taxes.

(⌐■_■) 

I got my cloud for 90 euros it was on sale

Cpu: Intel Core i5 4460 // Gpu: Asus Strix Gtx 970 OC // Psu: Cooler Master v850W // RAM: 4x4gb HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 MHz // MoBo: MSI b85 g41 // case: s340 White

80 originally if you are lucky, goes up to 100 with these damn Finnish taxes.

OUCH

I'm pretty sure that's like 150 CAD.

lowest one that i found in specificly in finland was 79 euros

lowest one that i found in specificly in finland was 79 euros

yeah that's like 15$ more than in Canada.

IDK about linux compatibility with the steelseries engine.

yeah that's like 15$ more than in Canada.

IDK about linux compatibility with the steelseries engine.

yeah this is going to be hard! Either way im going to find another headset if this is going to be a dead end. :mellow:

yeah this is going to be hard! Either way im going to find another headset if this is going to be a dead end. :mellow:

And i suggest that you do so bread.

(⌐■_■) 

And i suggest that you do so bread.

Yeah i found another good ones that are suitable to my budget aswell. They were called Asus Ceberus and they cost around 49 euros