Someone please help.

So I recently moved my rig over to a new case and got a Corsair H80IGT water cooler. Now i have significant performance drops in all my games. Can someone please help me?

My build:

MSI 970 AMD gaming mobo

FX 8370 4.3 ghz

16 gigs 1600 gkill ram

MSI GTX 970

500 gb crucial ssd

1tb wd blue hdd

Whats the graphics card BTW?

EDIT: I see you added more specs...

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

did you mount the cooler properly?

sounds like high temps and CPU throttling to me

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

MSI GTX 970

--

@Nomadkiler Can we get some numbers? A performance drop doesent tell us much

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

It says MSI GTX 970

Don't be fooled by the bottom line of my sig, that is just for my travels.

So you're telling me that Gaben is no God? Enough of your foolishness.

My hardware you ask? I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3217 Notebook... With an LG 25UM57.

Did you keep the pre applied thermal goop intact when you installed?

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

Overheating it looks like but others jumped on that conclusion before me...

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

Are you sure your motherboard VRMS are not catching on fire due to that 8370?

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I dont think its throttling. Corsair link is saying my cpu is idling at 2 degrees Celsius. In GTA 5 i was maintaining 60 fps almost everywhere and now i can barely get above 30. None of the settings have been changed.

the temp for AMD is out whack

use realtemps or speedfan to check the temps

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the temp for AMD is out whack

use realtemps or speedfan to check the temps

i tried realtemps adn my cpu isnt compatible

Doesn't that FX have a lower TDP than most?

I think you might be right but that thing is still a power whore and that boards VRMs are not exactly sufficient for anything 8xxx.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

I just checked the temp in the bios and its at 11 degrees. 

There's 2 versions 1 with 125 and the other with 95.  I don't know much about the board to comment on that.  I've only had experience with Gigabyte for AMD.

Ah. Yeah that mobo as well as most AMD mobo's are insufficient when it comes to power delivery. The 970 krait has a 4+1 phase power delivery so it is lacking which can cause performance issues if the board is trying to save it self by throttling power to the CPU because it is overheating. 8+2 phase is the minimum you should have with an AMD FX 8xxx.