So I bought $500,000 insurance for $170

Enderman

This is one of the things I got on black friday :)

post-4438-0-05325100-1448947545_thumb.jp

Cyberpower 1500VA (900W) UPS

Usually $250, but I got it for $170 from Memory Express. I was planning to buy it anyway, but it went on sale so I got it for cheaper!

So far it seems to work great, accurate power measurement and since once in a while there is a power outage, this will help shut down my PC properly.

Also it gives peace of mind knowing you are a bit safer from power surges killing your PC :)

I also plugged in all my monitors and speaker system, printer, etc. into it since it has 10 plugs, more than enough.

Is anyone else here using a UPS with their PC?

Any good/bad experiences?

Has a UPS saved your @$$ before?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't get it, why is it $500,000 insurance?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

$500k parts insurance ;)

if somehow a surge or anything power related damages your equipment, Cyberpower will replace up to $500k

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

$500k parts insurance ;)

if somehow a surge or anything power related damages your equipment, Cyberpower will replace up to $500k

Really? Wow!

Didn't even know that.

I guess they really believe in your product to do that.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

In case your break all your gear and you have 50 asus predators?? 

Magical Pineapples

Having seen the experiences of others, have fun attempting to claim on their insurance policy

$500k parts insurance ;)

Please tell me this is available in Calgary..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I had UPS backup in the whole house. Also clickbait title much?

Well its true...it does have 500k insurance :P

Did your entire home run on batteries?

How did stuff like microwave or dryer still work? That must have been a ton of batteries... (or was it a generator?)

Spoiler

Many have claims on them where if your equipment breaks or fails on a UPS from a power related issue they will cover the cost for a replacement, but good luck trying to get that out of them.

And yeah I've used UPS's for a good while now on my system and it works like a charm, also great where you can have wifi throughout the home during power outages for a few hours which is a plus.  ;)

Having seen the experiences of others, have fun attempting to claim on their insurance policy

Hopefully there is no need to make any claims in the first place ;)

Claiming a power surge killed your motherboard won't get any kind of support from the motherboard manufacturer...

Please tell me this is available in Calgary..

I think memory express has stores in calgary, so it should be available there too

Spoiler

Hopefully there is no need to make any claims in the first place ;)

Claiming a power surge killed your motherboard won't get any kind of support from the motherboard manufacturer...

I think memory express has stores in calgary, so it should be available there too

Fairly certain the first branch was in Calgary.

But after researching the claiming experience im on the border..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well its true...it does have 500k insurance :P

Did your entire home run on batteries?

How did stuff like microwave or dryer still work? That must have been a ton of batteries... (or was it a generator?)

1.5KW of solar panel, 6 brand new B stock telecom sized interstate batteries deep cycle lead acids, and three 1500W UPS backups, each one handling a breakerbox. Things that drew too much power had seperate boxes

Many have claims on them where if your equipment breaks or fails on a UPS from a power related issue they will cover the cost for a replacement, but good luck trying to get that out of them.

And yeah I've used UPS's for a good while now on my system and it works like a charm, also great where you can have wifi throughout the home during power outages for a few hours which is a plus.  ;)

Yeah I think if the phone line doesnt get cut, I can still run my router off battery power and get internet :D

great in case of emergency

and yeah I know getting those claims through is unlikely, but its more likely than getting your motherboard replaced by asus, or CPU replaced by intel, if you say that a power surge in your house killed it

and, pure sine wave power :)

that should give a longer lifespan to electronics such as receivers, subwoofers, monitors, etc... which dont have the cleaning circuitry that a PC power supply does

Spoiler

$500k parts insurance ;)

Damn, guess I should get one of their upss for my setup then! :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Fairly certain the first branch was in Calgary.

But after researching the claiming experience im on the border..

Think of it like this:

instead of a 100% chance of a surge killing your equipment, now its far lower than that

and, its more likely that cyberpower will give you a replacement than someone like your CPU or motherboard manufacturer, because they have 0 responsibility if a surge kills your stuff

but most important of all, I bought this device to clean the power going to my stuff, plug everything into a surge protected outlet, and to monitor wattage consumption

1.5KW of solar panel, 6 brand new B stock telecom sized interstate batteries deep cycle lead acids, and three 1500W UPS backups, each one handling a breakerbox. Things that drew too much power had seperate boxes

ok nice, if I owned a house I would totally put solar panels on it and have battery backups :)

Spoiler

Think of it like this:

instead of a 100% chance of a surge killing your equipment, now its far lower than that

and, its more likely that cyberpower will give you a replacement than someone like your CPU or motherboard manufacturer, because they have 0 responsibility if a surge kills your stuff

but most important of all, I bought this device to clean the power going to my stuff, plug everything into a surge protected outlet, and to monitor wattage consumption

ok nice, if I owned a house I would totally put solar panels on it and have battery backups :)

Well now I need to find $170..

A bad experience from @B NEGATIVE  

The build thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/273570-hexgear-idoru/

uhhh. You do realise OP was talking about an Uninterrupted Power Supply and not United Parcel Service lmao

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Taking up a bit of room in the basement there :D

Sounds like a sweet solar array you got there.

Yeah I think if the phone line doesnt get cut, I can still run my router off battery power and get internet  :D

great in case of emergency

and yeah I know getting those claims through is unlikely, but its more likely than getting your motherboard replaced by asus, or CPU replaced by intel, if you say that a power surge in your house killed it

and, pure sine wave power  :)
that should give a longer lifespan to electronics such as receivers, subwoofers, monitors, etc... which dont have the cleaning circuitry that a PC power supply does

For Sure, I've always use the APC one while good they aren't as efficient since they are stepped simulated making the PSU work harder to correct for the irregularities.