Dual monitor on single GPU...?

AllHokage
Go to solution Solved by Ostwind,

I think the display output on the motherboard is disabled when you're using a video card anyways.

Negative, I'm running my four displays split 2-2 between my GPU and my iGPU. More often than not you just need to enable multi-monitor iGPU in the bios. For some reason it's usually off by default.

Quick and easy question!

Just wondering would it be best to run my 1080p gaming monitor of my GTX970 and my 4k monitor of my on board graphics or would it be best running them both on the GTX970 (4k display is non gaming)?

Thanks 

Might add this later...

Just wondering would it be best to run my gaming 1080p monitor of my GTX970 and my 4k monitor of my on board graphics or would I be best running them both on the GTX970 (4k non gaming)

I don't know how you're going to be playing 4K games with a 970 but anyways, just plug them both into the GPU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just plug them both into the GPU and set the 1080p one as the main monitor in the video options.

I don't know how you're going to be playing 4K games with a 970 but anyways, just plug them both into the GPU.

OP said they're gaming on the 1080p one, not the 4k one.

It doesn't matter too much either way. Running the 4k monitor on your 970 is likely to increase it's idle clockspeed which will increase temps a bit when idling so it that matters you could run it on the iGPU to avoid that.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

It doesn't matter too much either way. Running the 4k monitor on your 970 is likely to increase it's idle clockspeed which will increase temps a bit when idling so it that matters you could run it on the iGPU to avoid that.

iGPU + 4K = not recommended

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If it even does, it should be negligible.

If you read the whole post, you can read that the 4k isn't for gaming...

Might add this later...

iGPU + 4K = not recommended

It won't be an issue if it's just multimedia stuff like a browser or a movie.

If it even does, it should be negligible.

I know but it matters to some people so I thought I would mention it.

It won't be an issue if it's just multimedia stuff like a browser or a movie.

I know but it matters to some people so I thought I would mention it.

Well the 4k is for facebook, youtube, browsing and graphics design (graphics design not when playing!). So I'm just wondering what would be best for temps/performance.

Might add this later...

Well the 4k is for facebook, youtube, browsing and graphics design (graphics design not when playing!). So I'm just wondering what would be best for temps/performance.

I think the display output on the motherboard is disabled when you're using a video card anyways.

Negative, I'm running my four displays split 2-2 between my GPU and my iGPU. More often than not you just need to enable multi-monitor iGPU in the bios. For some reason it's usually off by default.