Just Cause 3 Issues, Help would be greatly appreciated.

Tydud3

Hey there fellow LinusTechTips forum users, this is pretty much my first post I've made, I don't use this forum often but it's the first thing that came to mind when I tried to play Just Cause 3. I have no clue how I'd fix this, if I need to replace anything, or whatever, but when I bought Just Cause 3 a couple hours before it's release, I was excited, but now.... not so much. I launched the game and while playing through, whenever I get to an area that needs to be loaded, so let's say wing suit around for a second, the game stutters to almost a complete halt, FPS drops, responsiveness drops, it just dies for a couple minutes. The game runs fine at about medium settings 45-60 fps, but with how often the game tries to load an extra part of the map it pretty much makes the game un-playable. There goes my 60 bucks. But does anyone have insight on how this would be resolved? Is my graphics card dying? CPU not strong enough? My specs are in short: I5 3.0 ghz cpu, 600 watt psu, gtx 660ti. I didn't expect to run the game on very high, but medium in windowed I thought would be fine. And it has some good moments but then stutters to all hell and back at other times. Any help would be appreciated. I think my PC is just dying at this point and parts need to be replaced or upgraded.

The game is currently not running well on most systems, the console versions are also garbage right now, you'll need to wait for a patch honestly

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

660ti won't cut the new games..... you need an upgrade son. It won't even run on 960's that well I'm guessing. You need a 970 to play the best games out now and even that is not enough with gayworks on.

You might want to wait for the newest Nvidia driver to release tomorrow. This will include optimisations for the game.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Given that you specs appear to be just short of the "Minimum system requirements" I wouldn't have bought it.

744b49747f.png

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Given that you specs appear to be just short of the "Minimum system requirements" I wouldn't have bought it.

744b49747f.png

I thought it'd be alright because 660ti is almost as strong as the 670. And my cpu can turbo up to 3.4 so. But I don't even have the game at native resolution, I have it windowed down, and still it stutters terribly and etc issues. Didn't know it'd be this bad. I guess I can just refund it.

I can get it to run great at 50 fps very high settings if I overclock it, it will run fine for about 10 minutes, but then start to stutter again with gpu usage dropping.