Fractal Design Define S vs NZXT H440?

I'm having trouble choosing a new mid tower case. I've narrowed it down to the H440 or the Define S. I will not be doing a custom loop of any sort. I will only be using a Corsair H100i for cooling my i7 4770K. I like how both are optimized for silence. Which do you prefer?

post-171903-0-59649100-1448935165.jpg

post-171903-0-29618100-1448935167.jpg

I'm assuming that you're talking about the blackout H440.  In that case, buy it.  It's sexy af.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I personally prefer the H440's looks.

So depends on personal preference. As far as I'm concerned tech spec wise, they're almost the same.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Both two different cases. The Define S doesn't have hard drive cages or space for ODDs or what have you - instead opts for HDD and SSD mounts behind the motherboard tray, making it a smaller case (hence the S).

The H440 is a larger case and has standard options.

Pick one.

Both two different cases. The Define S doesn't have hard drive cages or space for ODDs or what have you - instead opts for HDD and SSD mounts behind the motherboard tray, making it a smaller case (hence the S).

The H440 is a larger case and has standard options.

Pick one.

LOL please....

The h440 doesn't have ODD bays either, and with many graphics cards/radiators hdd trays need to be removed. Also their volumes are very similar. The Define S is wider and longer, while the H440 is taller.

The Define S does have lower number of bay options (up to 5 2.5 with three 3.5/2.5 trays), but it's exceedingly open design is rather unparalleled (well the mastercase pro does compare but with some really wierd quarks that may or may not interest you) in midtower customization (after-all it is a water-cooling/extreme airflow midtower first and foremost).

The biggest disadvantage to the Define S is its greatest strength; the case is completely no frills. No fan controller included, no psu shroud, only two included fans, simple front i/o. Indeed it is even notably less quiet than the Define R5 even if it isn't a loud case (it trades much improved airflow for that noise increase.)

Indeed, the choice between the H440 comes basically down to airflow/temps/configurability vs additional enclosures/padding that serve either to hide parts or to quiet the system.

Plus the aesthetic is different ofc. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

LOL please....

Take it easy there, mate. Jesus.

Thanks for correcting me though, other than that. I was thinking it was a different case for some reason, because I was looking around for cases and came across the H630 and thought it was the H440 - the H630 has two bays in the front.

Sorry I rustled your jimmies.

LOL please....

The h440 doesn't have ODD bays either, and with many graphics cards/radiators hdd trays need to be removed. Also their volumes are very similar. The Define S is wider and longer, while the H440 is taller.

The Define S does have lower number of bay options (up to 5 2.5 with three 3.5/2.5 trays), but it's exceedingly open design is rather unparalleled (well the mastercase pro does compare but with some really wierd quarks that may or may not interest you) in midtower customization (after-all it is a water-cooling/extreme airflow midtower first and foremost).

The biggest disadvantage to the Define S is its greatest strength; the case is completely no frills. No fan controller included, no psu shroud, only two included fans, simple front i/o. Indeed it is even notably less quiet than the Define R5 even if it isn't a loud case (it trades much improved airflow for that noise increase.)

Indeed, the choice between the H440 comes basically down to airflow/temps/configurability vs additional enclosures/padding that serve either to hide parts or to quiet the system.

Plus the aesthetic is different ofc. 

Well said my friend!