Should I Raid?

Ramontes
Go to solution Solved by Railgun,

but would there be that much of a performance gain?

Try it and find out. If it's too slow then just restore a back up lol

So I currently am using a 500gb Evo and only have 17 gigabytes left, however i know i will want to install more games onto another ssd. I bought one SanDisk SSD during black friday sales but I will be moving that to another pc asap so I will likely be purchasing another 500gb Evo as this is my main rig. and well my question is, should I raid? i mean boot times are already fast and i dont know how much faster raid will allow it to be and if it does make a slight difference it would be used for battlefield, skyrim, and fallout 4, gta V, basically load screen heavy games. I dont mind backing up my games and reinstalling windows but will doing all that be worth it by the end?

Do it! I'm drooling just thinking about the speeds!

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Its all relative. How much of a performance gain are you looking for? Some people are satisfied doing stuff like this to get the tiniest speed increase(me), and other people don't really care about speed as long as things arn't noticeably slow. Personally, the performance gain would be "that much" to me, because I get angry any time my computer doesn't approach the speed of light. For you, it might not feel that noticeable if its already plenty fast for you.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Try it and find out. If it's too slow then just restore a back up lol

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Its all relative. How much of a performance gain are you looking for? Some people are satisfied doing stuff like this to get the tiniest speed increase(me), and other people don't really care about speed as long as things arn't noticeably slow. Personally, the performance gain would be "that much" to me, because I get angry any time my computer doesn't approach the speed of light. For you, it might not feel that noticeable if its already plenty fast for you.

definitely, coming from hard drives its incredibly fast as it would be to anyone else

definitely, coming from hard drives its incredibly fast as it would be to anyone else

Yea, and if your looking for absolute maximum speed, that will leave what you currently have in the dust, the way an SSD will do a hard drive, then get two M.2 SSD's and put em in raid. That's my personal ultimate dream, and probably about as fast as anyone can get for a while.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!