NVIDIA To Cut GeForce GTX 900 Series GPU Prices Permanently!

eLucid

A report published by TechPowerUp suggests NVIDIA will soon be cutting prices across their existing GeForce lineup, with potential price changes reaching consumers in time for the holiday shopping season.

So what does this report suggest? The GTX 980 drops to $449, the GTX 970 goes to $299, and the GTX 960 goes to $179. These are pretty consistent with some of the sale or post-rebate prices we’ve seen of late, and such a move would certainly even things up somewhat between AMD and NVIDIA with regard to cost. Of course, we could see an answer from AMD in the form of a price reduction from their R9 300-series or Fury/Nano. We can only hope!

We’ve already seen prices come down during various black Friday sales on several GPUs, but the potential for a permanent price cut makes for interesting speculation if nothing else. Not to disparage the source, but no substantive evidence exists to directly point to a plan by NVIDIA to lower their GPU prices for some 900-series cards, but it would make sense given their competition from AMD at various price points.

Here’s to lower prices going forward.

Source - http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/Report-NVIDIA-Cut-GeForce-GTX-900-Series-GPU-Prices

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Did you watch the WAN show... 

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

retoast I know its been out for a long time and it was on the WAN SHOW....

RIP AMD. NVIDIA just wants to get that shareholding price back from AMD that 0.8 percent I reckon if this is true. THe fight between a 970 and a 390 is going to be tougher now

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

RIP AMD. NVIDIA just wants to get that shareholding price back from AMD that 0.8 percent I reckon if this is true. THe fight between a 970 and a 390 is going to be tougher now

Meh. You already could get XFX R9 390 for 289$.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Did you watch the WAN show... 

did you read the post? this is permanent.... compared to a one day sale

Love it just as i finally take the plunge on my second EVGA 970 lol.....

Oh well at least it was £16 off in sale with a free game ..

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

retoast I know its been out for a long time and it was on the WAN SHOW....

black friday was on wan show not this....

There was an article on this somewhere on LTT.

EDit; Oh wait ah. Got it. You may want to fix title to say permanent price drop.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

There was an article on this somewhere. So repost.

read CoC if you say repost put a link

Nvidia cutting prices on entire 900 series for the holidays

Source 1: linustechtips.com/nvidia's-entire-900-series… OP: Mr_Troll

Source 2: wccftech.com/nvidia-cuts-prices-900…

• first significant price cuts we’ve seen since introduction

• lowest listed prices - AIC prices may vary

• GTX 980 Ti down from $649 to $589 ($559 after MIR)

• GTX 980 down from $499 to $439 ($409 after MIR)

• GTX 970 down from $329 to $289 ($259 after MIR)

• GTX 960 down from $199 to $179 ($149 after MIR)

• GTX 950 down from $159 to $139 ($129 after MIR)

• all pricing in USD on newegg.com

• other regions may not see the same or similar price discounts

•  

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

Pascal is coming! :D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

since when is AMD and NVIDIA the same thing?

I fixed it, sorry. Look again.

I fixed it, sorry.

that post is the holidays aka Black Friday

...hefty price cuts just in time for the holidays.

...hefty price cuts just in time for the holidays.

yeah for cyber monday or black friday weekend it aint permanent. well anyway we will see when cyber monday ends 

So...... the sale prices that most people got on black friday were actually regular price. Black friday is such a scam..... 

Meh. You already could get XFX R9 390 for 289$.

Same for the GTX 970 most places.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

AMD is still beating out Nvidia with the 380 and 390. And 390X/Fury for that matter.

If the 980 lowers in price it could be worth it over the 390x, assuming amd doesn't keep their holiday price cuts as well (like that will happen), but knowing the gpu maket nothing changes except we get cheaper GPUs which I like as both companies match their competitors prices and card tiers as it is.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

If the 980 lowers in price it could be worth it over the 390x, assuming amd doesn't keep their holiday price cuts as well (like that will happen), but knowing the gpu maket nothing changes except we get cheaper GPUs which I like as both companies match their competitors prices and card tiers as it is.

I don't see Nvidia dropping the 980 down to $399 or even $429, and the R9 Fury has a justifiable $50 upgrade.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.