gold vs bronze

ripper101

hello I am getting a 750w psu for my new 390x and I was wondering would I be fine getting a bronze psu over a gold?

hello I am getting a 750w psu for my new 390x and I was wondering would I be fine getting a bronze psu over a gold?

It's fine.

Efficiency has nothing to do with PSU quality

Tell us what exact PSU you are getting and we can help you :D

exactly what psu?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Ya the gold/bronze thing is for efficiency. it will reduce your electricity bill marginally and pump a little less heat, but what you really care about with a PSU is things that will hurt your components over time, such as ripple control and voltage stability to name a couple. Use the LTT tier list to decide what's good, tell us your PSU and see the comments, or go to a decent reviewer (I like JonnyGURU) and check the reviews.  

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

Efficiency is explained in a post pinned on the main PSU/cases subforum. TL;DR is doesn't matter a ton unless you run your system under heavy load often.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Efficiency has nothing to do with PSU quality

Tell us what exact PSU you are getting and we can help you :D

Either an xfx or seasonic depending on what prices are when I order

All units from XFX and seasonic are excellent

I would just pick the one that is cheapest or is fully modular

All XFX units are made by Seasonic, so you can't go wrong with either.