new computer help on cyber monday

nayte

Hello, first off I never built a computer before and really cant say I know too much, I had mine current rig built by a family friend 3 years ago (gtx 660 ect around 1300$ usd), never upgraded besides adding a hard drive. I want to start a new build and was hoping to find some good deals on cyber monday if any.

Currently all I can completly be sure that I want is the 980ti, thinking evga "sc+ acx 2.0+" after looking around abit but then I get stumpted, for a processor im thinking a 4790k but i can go more pricey if its worth it but thats just the thing theres so many choices and im abit overwhelmed, with yea bacisally all the rest of the build. dont need any monitors or peripherals with it.

I was going to go with Linus build on that 2k holiday guide but still not sure.

My range is around ~2k usd im in NY, thanks guys!

Hello, first off I never built a computer before and really cant say I know too much, I had mine current rig built by a family friend 3 years ago (gtx 660 ect around 1300$ usd), never upgraded besides adding a hard drive. I want to start a new build and was hoping to find some good deals on cyber monday if any.

Currently all I can completly be sure that I want is the 980ti, thinking evga "sc+ acx 2.0+" after looking around abit but then I get stumpted, for a processor im thinking a 4790k but i can go more pricey if its worth it but thats just the thing theres so many choices and im abit overwhelmed, with yea bacisally all the rest of the build. dont need any monitors or peripherals with it.

I was going to go with Linus build on that 2k holiday guide but still not sure.

My range is around ~2k usd im in NY, thanks guys!

What will you be using the PC for?

What will you be using the PC for?

sorry should have included that..

gaming mostly, streaming abit multitasking ect..

sorry should have included that..

gaming mostly, streaming abit multitasking ect..

You could go with something like this:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CF7gGX

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CF7gGX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($68.42 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Micro Center)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.10 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($634.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($634.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $2022.34

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 14:45 EST-0500

But you could drop one 980ti and go with x99 or lga 1151 if you wanted to stay well under you budget

​

You could go with something like this:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CF7gGX

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CF7gGX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($68.42 @ SuperBiiz)

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Micro Center)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($39.10 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $2022.34

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 14:45 EST-0500

But you could drop one 980ti and go with x99 or lga 1151 if you wanted to stay well under you budget

​

amazing thx so much  :)  now I may add more ssd rather then hard drive. another thing is I have heard good thing about ddr4 but obviously dont know much about it. is it worth to get a more expensive motherboard ect for that? im looking for the long run, i can always use these new parts to "upgrade" my current pc in the future. i said around 2k but it can be streched if really needed!

amazing thx so much  :)  now I may add more ssd rather then hard drive. another thing is I have heard good thing about ddr4 but obviously dont know much about it. is it worth to get a more expensive motherboard ect for that? im looking for the long run, i can always use these new parts to "upgrade" my current pc in the future. i said around 2k but it can be streched if really needed!

If you drop one 980ti you could get x99 or lga 1151 which both support ddr4.

The reason I didn't make the build x99 is because I gave you another 980ti which will make the gaming experience way better but the 4790k is still a very good and more than capable cpu

for your needs so I didn't see a need.

If you are going to be doing lots of rendering I would recommend x99, but if not just get the build above and you should be golden

[P.S just so you know one 980ti will still be really good for nearly all but the most demanding games] 

If you drop one 980ti you could get x99 or lga 1151 which both support ddr4.

The reason I didn't make the build x99 is because I gave you another 980ti which will make the gaming experience way better but the 4790k is still a very good and more than capable cpu

for your needs so I didn't see a need.

If you are going to be doing lots of rendering I would recommend x99, but if not just get the build above and you should be golden

[P.S just so you know one 980ti will still be really good for nearly all but the most demanding games] 

awesome, thx again. appreciate your time :)