"Preload Entire YouTube Videos By Disabling Dash Playback"

TopWargamer

http://lifehacker.com/preload-entire-youtube-videos-by-disabling-dash-playbac-1186454034?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_facebook&utm_source=lifehacker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

original.png

First, you'll need to add YouTube Center to your browser of choice, either as an extension or as a user script. Once that's done, you'll notice a gear icon in the upper right corner of YouTube. From this dropdown menu, go to YouTube Center Settings > Player, and uncheck Dash Playback. Now, YouTube videos will be able to preload in their entirety, which is awesome if you're on a slow connection, or if you're jumping around from point to point.

Yay!

EDIT:

Just an FYI for people having troubles installing YouTube Center, this is what I did. On the GitHub link under the Chrome and Opera section, I downloaded the Mirror and manually added it to Chrome in settings->extensions (drag and drop). I tried some other ways before this, and this is the way that worked for me.

COMIC SANS

This is fantastic, I use magic actions for chrome and Firefox to help me do this, but it only seems to work 20% of the time

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

THANK YOU SO MUCH I KISS YOUR FEET AND YOU HAVE SAVED MY LIFE AND I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!

tumblr_l3xsbfSTOA1qzgqpuo1_400.jpg

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Could someone help me? It won't let me add this as a browser extension in Chrome. :(

I don't even know how you do it in Chrome, could you tell me what you did?

EDIT: Never mind.

I don't even know how you do it in Chrome, could you tell me what you did?

I got it. :) Okay, go to the settings at the top right, go to tools and then extensions. Once you've done that, find the file you downloaded (so the Youtube Center script) and just drag and drop it in the Extensions bit. Should install by itself. :) http://userscripts.org/topics/116639

Could someone help me? It won't let me add this as a browser extension in Chrome. :(

On that LifeHack article, it said you had to enable "Developer Mode" in Chrome for it to work. Try that.

I got it. :) Okay, go to the settings at the top right, go to tools and then extensions. Once you've done that, find the file you downloaded (so the Youtube Center script) and just drag and drop it in the Extensions bit. Should install by itself. :) http://userscripts.org/topics/116639

On that LifeHack article, it said you had to enable "Developer Mode" in Chrome for it to work. Try that.

Yeah I got it thanks.

How do I install it on chrome

edit: nevermind

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Also for FF users, remember you have to install the GreaseMonkey add-on to install the script. Once done, it is very straight forward (click on like 2 buttons).

I just tried it but it didn't work. It still loads a bit at a time. Is there an 'apply' or 'save' button to save the settings/changes I made?

I just tried it but it didn't work. It still loads a bit at a time. Is there an 'apply' or 'save' button to save the settings/changes I made?

Not sure for Chrome; but in FF you just refresh the page and it works. If you go back to the "Player" settings, is DASH enabled again?

Not sure for Chrome; but in FF you just refresh the page and it works. If you go back to the "Player" settings, is DASH enabled again?

No DASH is disabled. Also, for example I'm at 1:00 and I drag to 2:30, it will restart the video. Maybe I'll try FF.

Oh thank GOD. Youtube buffering has been broken for so long  :angry:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I didn't have to...

>.>

COMIC SANS

I didn't have to...

>.>

Heh - don't know then, perhaps it's only in certain situations or something....

Just an FYI for people having troubles installing YouTube Center, this is what I did.

On the GitHub link under the Chrome and Opera section, I downloaded the Mirror and manually added it to Chrome in settings->extensions (drag and drop). I tried some other ways before this, and this is the way that worked for me. 

COMIC SANS

Update: I'm on FF and I don't have the videos restarting problem however it still doesn't load the whole video. Correct my if I'm wrong

Never mind it works.

Does this give you the ability to stop buffering like the "Stop Download" option Youtube had until they decided to limit buffering.

Does this give you the ability to stop buffering like the "Stop Download" option Youtube had until they decided to limit buffering.

I dunno, but why would you want to stop buffering? 

COMIC SANS

I remember good and well when Youtube stopped buffering entire videos... I always used mobile hotspots to watch Youtube videos when traveling, now LTE is everywhere so it isn't a problem and they decide to fix it... Oh well.

Installed on Opera 15 without a problem, working as intended.

Kudos!

I was using SmartVideo for Youtube before this because Youtube kept playing the videos at 144p(yes, 144p, it exists)/240p due to my (relatively) slow internet connection. Even then, it wasn't working all the time. 
This extension/script works perfectly. Thanks bro! YA DA MAN

This is awesome! So glad you posted this, Youtube's stock loading is horrible.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990