HDD problem

Mchedlo

Hello forum! :)) last months my 2years old HDD was making clicking sounds nearly everyday. about 20 min ago it gave up on booting up the PC. The HDD which I had before this one, had same problem and now this... I checked on local website and found good(?) HDDs for good price. some people say its used, some people say that they just tested it and nothing else. Im gonna buy one of them tomorrow. I just want to know how to make sure that HDD is working fine? how to check? thank you for any info :))

You can use a software to read the S.M.A.R.T data of the drive. To avoid the possibility for false readings, I suggest you use a software from the manufacturing company. Seatools for Seagate and Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Western Digital. Note than power-on-hours is included in the data. You can check if it's used or not.

You can use a software to read the S.M.A.R.T data of the drive. To avoid the possibility for false readings, I suggest you use a software from the manufacturing company. Seatools for Seagate and Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Western Digital. Note than power-on-hours is included in the data. You can check if it's used or not.

thank you very much! :))