RAM Simple Question..

koji

Combining RAMs is okay right? As long as they have same specifications..

Simple Question about it.

On our country, Philippines, Gskill RipjawsX 2x4GB CL9 1600 costs 2740PHP which is around $58.

But a single stick Gskill RipjawsX 1x4GB CL9 1600 costs 1220PHP which is around $26.

I wonder why the single stick is cheaper. It's okay to combine two single stick RAM right?

Why is it cheaper to purchase 2 single stick than buying the dual stick if they have no difference?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

It's still the same stick. Your 2x4GB package is just a double 1x4GB, if you understand me. 

You can combine any ram with the same frequency anyway.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Uhh.. the single stick is cheaper because you're getting less RAM.. 

The single stick would get you 4GB, the 2x4 kit gives you 8GB.

I used to be quite active here.

Uhh.. the single stick is cheaper because you're getting less RAM.. 

The single stick would get you 4GB, the 2x4 kit gives you 8GB.

Yea it's cheaper of course it's single while the other is double. Thank you but that's not my point.

If you purchased 2 single stick which costs $26 each it'll cost a total of $52.

While if I purchase the dual stick it'll cost me $58. It's $6 cheaper. And I wonder why if they're basically the same.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Yea it's cheaper of course it's single while the other is double. Thank you but that's not my point.

If you purchased 2 single stick which costs $26 each it'll cost a total of $52.

While if I purchase the dual stick it'll cost me $58. It's $6 cheaper. And I wonder why if they're basically the same.

Oh. Yeah, they're the same. If you want to save $6 then you can buy two singles and use both. 

I used to be quite active here.

The thing is, two seperate sticks (same timings etc) will probably(99.99%) work fine together, no RMA if they don't though(possibly, most retailers will change them to keep you [and every one you'd tell] sweet but there are no guarantees) a 2X kit is guaranteed to work together.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Still I think it's illogical that's why im thinking maybe there's some reason I dont know. >.<

2x single stick should cost more than dual stick.. It's like buying things in bundle it should be cheaper. Lol.

im thinking maybe there's some reason I dont know. >.<

$6 for the guarantee of it working?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"