My first Pc Build

FilipGT3

Hi I'm building a Pc for the first time and i'd like to hear your opinions.

I plan on running a single 60Hz 1080p monitor and want to upgrade to 1440p in the future

The Parts:

Cpu: I5 6600K

Cpu Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

Mobo: Msi z170a Pc Mate

Gpu: gigabyte gtx 970 g1 gaming

Storage: Wd blue 1Tb

Ram: 8Gb 2400

Psu: Corsair Cx600m

Case: Mastercase Pro 5

Please let me know if you have any tips

I plan on running a single 60Hz 1080p monitor and want to upgrade to 1440p in the future

The Parts:

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($294.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.10 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $878.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 06:35 EST-0500

If you don't plan to overclocking (I don't think you are with that PSU), I recommend switching out the 970 for a 390 unless you have a shield or a G-Sync monitor.

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

If you don't plan to overclocking (I don't think you are with that PSU), I recommend switching out the 970 for a 390 unless you have a shield or a G-Sync monitor.

Which Psu do you recommend for overclocking?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($68.42 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.65 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($294.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.10 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($80.62 @ Mac Mall) 

Total: $878.74

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 06:35 EST-0500

I live in the Netherlands so the prices are a lot higher for the parts you listed :(

I live in the Netherlands so the prices are a lot higher for the parts you listed :(

Oh, oke ik zal even kijken op Nederlandse sites. Wat is jouw budget?

Oh, oke ik zal even kijken op Nederlandse sites. Wat is jouw budget?

950-1000 euro. Btw ik neem aan dat die nederlandse site tweakers is.

Get something in the region of 750W since you would want to overclock the CPU as well, plus some extra headroom

"The REVISED Companion Cube, v2.1" - "1440p, lock on." Discover it by clicking here.   // Peripherals - Corsair Strafe RGB  + Steelseries Rival

CPU - i7-6700k // Motherboard - ASRock Z170 Extreme 6+ // CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i GTX // Memory - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133 (2x8GB) // Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 1TB // Graphics - Crossfire Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X // PSU -  EVGA SuperNova G2 850W // Case - Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Steel) // Devices - iPhone 6 Plus, Macbook Pro //

Which Psu do you recommend for overclocking?

Power supplies aren't the most important for overclocking. All you have to do in terms of the PSU is make sure it's from a reputable brand. Cheap power supplies can and will abruptly stop working, and they may take out other components, something which the equipment manufacturer will NOT cover under any warranty. Make sure you get it from a reputable brand like Corsair, Cooler Master, Antec, Seasonic, EVGA, Fractal Design or Silverstone. Personally, I would only use a Corsair, Antec or Seasonic power supply.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Get something in the region of 750W since you would want to overclock the CPU as well, plus some extra headroom

750W is overkill 650W is more than enough with overclocking.

Sorry, I forgot the efficiency of Maxwell. I might stick with it if you went with 390.

950-1000 euro. Btw ik neem aan dat die nederlandse site tweakers is.

De site is afuture.nl

The Parts:

I would go with R9 390 from Powercolor or Sapphire.

Give me a boost. 

If you want expansion room, or you want a more silent build, then more wattage is better. Especially on some Seasonic and Corsair power supplies, the fan actually won't spin if you're not under heavy load and only spins up when the PSU is working hard. Additionally, if you push a power supply to it's peak wattage rather than its continuous output wattage, you could end up with a dead power supply.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Have you completed your build? I wanna know how is the msi z170a pc mate. I wanna buy the motherboard like that