Should I get GTA V?

REX.exe

I got $50 steam and noticed GTAV is on sale for $45, but that means all my money is gone (pretty much) and I'm not sure if it will be on sale during the christmas sale and if it will be cheaper then.

So yay or nay?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

yes, mp sucks though still looking at a good 100+ hours of game though

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

If you like the GTA series, you'll love it.

If you don't really care for it, look elsewhere.

^ that too

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Imo it's not worth it just for the singleplayer. If you have a friend or two to play with online it's definiteley a lot of fun.

who cares...

If u're going to play with friends in mp - then yes. Otherwise, I don't really see any reason, even if u like just to stalk around in single player.

Yeah its entertaining, got a story too it, and its realistic portray of LA, satire, funny, some missions are kinda weird, but you'll know what I mean, mocks pop culture, yea I liked it 

certainly get game sp is very good but mp has some big problems like cheaters so if you going to be blow up dont worry its only a cheater :D

i've spent 98% of the time in multiplayer, (haven't gone far at all in single player, since I watched the walkthrough on youtube)

Heaps of modders in multiplayer though which usually kills the fun.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

i've spent 98% of the time in multiplayer, (haven't gone far at all in single player, since I watched the walkthrough on youtube)

Heaps of modders in multiplayer though which usually kills the fun.

I've spent almost 100%. Probably like 99.8% in MP.

I usually play in private lobbies with my friends.

Helps with the obnoxious modders. I don't mind the cool ones though.

Its worth it and all, but 45$ is too much, get it of off g2a or something, they sell it for 29 euros, and atleast in my region gta is on sale on steam for only 35,99 euros

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

I got it on a sale and honestly, the single player is very good but multiplayer gets boring very quickly when you solo. I don't know how it is to play with other friend since non of my mates have it :(

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Its plain bad... so nay.

says a guy with Trevor as his profile pic :)

...SP is very good and fun, also lasts quite long

while MP is fun at the beginning(about a month), but then it gets really boring

Its a typical GTA Game. If you enjoyed older GTA´s, you will enjoy this.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I thoroughly enjoy sp in GTA V. I don't know anyone who plays MP so my small time there was a tad boring and cheating is aparently rampant. But I just found it boring.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

If you like the GTA series and there isn't some other game that you'd REALLY want then sure. I spent about 120 hours just on single player. The multi player is meh at best unless you have friends to play with. The only times I really enjoyed MP was during the events like the Lowrider event.

IMO, yes. I've enjoyed the hell out of it (never played it on consoles). I've touched the MP but have played mostly SP. It's worth the $$$.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASUS Z87-Pro | Memory: 16gigs HyperX FuryX | Cooling: Xigmatek SD1483 Frostbourne 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 | PSU: EVGA 750W Gold+ modular | Storage: 128g adata SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD | Monitor: ASUS PA238QR

You should definitely buy it if you can especially while it is still on sale. Quite fun for a ton of time. Although the multiplayer is not for me.

"Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you." -John Wooden

I would say it's a definite yes on my part. If you get the game just try walking through Los Santos at night. The world is absolutely incredible & the attention to detail is amazing.

Its plain bad... so nay.

You got the wrong thread, OP isn't talking about Fallout 4.

I know that this is late, but I bought it in the sale, and have just been playing it for a couple of days. What I've seen of the single player is decent, but GTA online (the multiplayer part) is fantastic. The missions in online mode are fun, racing is fun, heists are epic, and the open world is fun alone, or in multiplayer. I very highly recommend the game, especially if you have friends who play it.