Never Done this Before

So Trying to build my first home PC,

I have been a console gamer till now, but the prices of games on steam being so low compared to console have made me ready to make the PC switch.

I have never build a PC before, and never before now cared about a GPU, so i am a bit lost.

I want this computer to run games smoothly on mid to low setting, don't really care about FPS or super high end graphics, want it to be smooth and playable. Also to do basic day to day home office type stuff.

Also latter plan to latter add some hard drives in RAID 1 as some backed up home storage for photos and what not, but that will be a latter addition.

So far i think i want a

AMD FX 6300 CPU

the MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ mother board seems to be a nice match to that

8 GBs of ram (2 x 4) what ever is the cheapest at time of purchase form a reliable brand, not sure what speeds to look for???

I want an SSD hard drive as i plane to turn the computer off when not in use and don't want to wait forever for it to boot, KINGSTON SSDNOW V300 SERIES 120GB seems to be the best bang for buck and i think that that is enough hard dive space to get me going till i add more hard drives.

Not super sure about a case, i know i want all black, and a USB 3.0 on the front, any suggestions??

power supply will be whatever is cheapest at time of purchase form a reliable brand, unless you have a suggestion?

windows 10 is sorta the only way to go i think.

PCPartsPick Link: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/YbkR7P

So GPU, right now i am looking at the EVGA GEFORCE GTX 750 TI 2GH SP as a good bang for buck to get me gaming, but as i said i am not super confident here, any input would be more then welcome.

Budget is $500-800

I am not looking to overclock anything.

Thank you for any input you have,

go for a 4130 cpu from intel its much better and the ssd is horrible dont get it get an 850 evo or so. not sure about the gpu although im almost certain there is something better on the AMD side for the same price

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I have many leather-bound books.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6800K - 4.3 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe II | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU:  Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 | PSU: Corsair RM750i | Case: NZXT Switch 810 | Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 Hydro | Monitors: Acer G257HU - Acer GN246HL | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Razer Mamba -  Astro A50

Obligatory, you can save money on Windows 10 by buying a cheap Windows 8.1 Key from the likes of G2A or even ebay and then upgrade free to 10. 

Do not get a FX-6300 if you don't plan on overclocking. It's a great CPU for the money provided you overclock it.
Here's an improved version of the build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($139.99 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($63.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.95 @ NCIX)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  ($264.00 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.88 @ Canada Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($119.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $782.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 01:01 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

This is what I would go for in that price range.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($60.35 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($142.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($68.00 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $526.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 01:10 EST-0500
(Windows 10 costs about $120)
Case is up to you :) Happy Building

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

snip

Alrighty mate lets go over what you did wrong so far. 

Basically everything but don't worry your a newbie.

first things first people don't suggest AMD CPU's unless usually your budget is below 500$. Problem is that they are really old and aren't as powerful compared to Intel, Intel performance wise is best and uses less power as well. 

Second was that SDD. That SSD isn't even an SSD but a very poor man version. They changed their V300 series to be slower compared to other SSD's on the market hell your better off getting an 7200 RPM HDD.

750 TI good basic choice for GPU but you can get better. So let me edit this list for ya

Also you tended to grab things that were quite expensive like a case and motherboard. Just because it says gaming doesn't mean anything to be honest, well better cooling for the board but in most cases this is unnecessary.

When building a computer, the things you want to get cheap are, Case, Mouse and keyboard and RAM ( All RAM is the same except some have some different designs for them and different speeds; in most cases speed of the RAM isn't needed except when like editing a movie.  

Also you can get a better prices for Windows Keys using reddit softwareswap or G2A

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

go for a 4130 cpu from intel its much better and the ssd is horrible dont get it get an 850 evo or so. not sure about the gpu although im almost certain there is something better on the AMD side for the same price

Why is the Kingston SSD Horrible? Why is the 850 Evo better?

Cant find an Intel 4130 in stalk or even listed on NCIX, Newegg, or Canada Computers.

i will give a search for similar AMD GPUs

This is what I would go for in that price range.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($60.35 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($142.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($68.00 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $526.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 01:10 EST-0500
(Windows 10 costs about $120)
Case is up to you :) Happy Building

Thats US prices not CA

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Why is the Kingston SSD Horrible? Why is the 850 Evo better?

Cant find an Intel 4130 in stalk or even listed on NCIX, Newegg, or Canada Computers.

i will give a search for similar AMD GPUs

Kingston SSD is bad because they aren't even SSD's they lowered the performance of them in a new batch, so they're useless as SSD's. Also here is my build for you

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($54.24 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ NCIX) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: BitFenix Neos White ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX) 
Total: $703.31
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-30 01:35 EST-0500

Then you can grab a windows key here for 30$ or less. 

Ok so, Kingston is out, SAMSUNG 850 EVO is a better way to go, still wanting an SSD over a Harddrive.

from what i am hearing the EVGA GEFORCE GTX 750 TI 2GH SP GPU is not a bad choice.

The CPU suggestions is were i am a little confused for a few reasons. there seems to be a big push for inlet,

I know that Intel has better performance per core were as AMD tends to have more cores running slower and general costing less.

but to me i want to save the money were i can, the less this costs me without cheeping out an regretting it the better, i mean the more i spend on a component the better it will be yes, a ~$230 inlet CPU will blow a ~$120 AMD out of the water but in may day to day am i really gonna get the extra ~$110 out of it, if the AMD 6300 gets the job done... unless you guys feel the AMD wont, or will be noticeable slow or problematic in day to day operation or mid-light gaming.

One comment said the AMD 6300 is only worth it if i over clock it, is that the linchpin here? if i just man up and try my hand at overclocking the AMD CPU will that be what makes it worth the money?

also your power supply spics seem to be very different from what i had,  what is the basic must haves for a power supply in this system? again i will just be watching the weekly sales and getting what ever reputable brand comes up with the lowest price, but what are the basic must haves for said power supply?

Thank you to all replys, you have been very helpful!