Wii U

Maxwellang

the only reason to get it is for the 1st party games tbh. i would just wait until the NX comes out and if that isn't good then Nintendo is dead

NIX?

NIX?

Its the development name of the next Nintendo console, that his thought to release late next year or the year after

I don't think the Wii U is worth it unless you really like Nintendo

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Its the development name of the next Nintendo console, that his thought to release late next year or the year after

I don't think the Wii U is worth it unless you really like Nintendo

ah ok, that is what i am worried about. buying 1 and it is going off the shelves again.

I bought my wii and less then 3 months wii u is launched and they announce not releasing games for wii..

ah ok, that is what i am worried about. buying 1 and it is going off the shelves again.

I bought my wii and less then 3 months wii u is launched and they announce not releasing games for wii..

Well three months before the launch of the Wii you should have probably worked out it was being replaced. The Wii U was announced in early 2011 and was all they talked about at E3 2011 and 2012 before it launched in late 2012. Also the Wii's release schedule slowed down well before launch, the last big release (Skyward Sword) was in 2011.

Also I wouldn't worry about it just yet, it's not going to be replaced tomorrow. The NX is still a codename and they haven't said anything more beyond the fact that it exists. It might not even be a home console for all we know, it's not like the 3DS is a brand new piece of hardware either. So my response to your question is the same as it is for any gaming platform. Are there enough games out on it that you want to play? If yes then get it. If not then don't. Simple as that.

If you spend all of your time worrying about what the "next thing" is you'll never buy any tech. Every platform will "die off" eventually.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

How good is it and it is going to die off like Wii?

"Die off like the Wii?"  Are you nuts?  Did you forget how well the Wii sold and how popular it was?  

"Die off like the Wii?"  Are you nuts?  Did you forget how well the Wii sold and how popular it was?  

To be fair OP was talking about three months before the Wii U launch in late 2012. I'd argue that the Wii peaked around 2009. Sales were still insane and there were a bunch of system defining games still to release. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda: Skyward Sword, DKCR, New SMB, Xenoblade etc. By late 2011 the party was over. And the same will happen to the Wii U eventually..... just as it happened to the PS3, 360, DS, GC, PS2, XBox, N64 etc etc

.... because eventually every piece of tech is replaced

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Ah. Well, if that's the case, it's too soon to say. Because as you know, and as you've already said, there's nothing about the "NX" out there. In fact, it's my opinion that Nintendo revealed their plans just so that people know that Nintendo hasn't/isn't giving up on hardware. They probably want customers to still have faith and trust their dedication and that the Wii U's flop hasn't broken them (them = Nintendo). 

But still, even if the "NX" takes over shortly after buying a Wii U, that won't take away a game library or make it smaller. So if there are good exclusives the OP would consider to be worth playing, then it would still be worth buying the console. 

Ah. Well, if that's the case, it's too soon to say. Because as you know, and as you've already said, there's nothing about the "NX" out there. In fact, it's my opinion that Nintendo revealed their plans just so that people know that Nintendo hasn't/isn't giving up on hardware. They probably want customers to still have faith and trust their dedication and that the Wii U's flop hasn't broken them (them = Nintendo). 

But still, even if the "NX" takes over shortly after buying a Wii U, that won't take away a game library or make it smaller. So if there are good exclusives the OP would consider to be worth playing, then it would still be worth buying the console. 

Well, the case i faced was the stop of wii games thus making it very boring.

Just don't want to get caught in the same senario.

It was my bad that i didn't research that they were releasing a wii u

I personally own a Wii U and have enjoyed all the great first party titles along with the fact it's backwards compatible with the original wii which is very nice. There is also quite a few good virtual titles in the store. But, if you are looking for pretty much anything 3rd party forget it. 

I own a Wii U, and I'm gonna say, like Linus almost always says, it doesn't really live up to the hype. Just wait for the Nintendo NX to come out. 

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Well, I love my Wii U. There are still exclusives like Star Fox Zero and Zelda Wii U yet to be released. MK8 is great and so is Smash Wii U. If anything about the Wii U has lived up to the hype, it's the first-party titles.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

Love mine. Downloading Xenoblade Chronicles X as we speak, looks pretty fun and nice looking too. Look, the WiiU is what it is, Nintendo and all their wierdness to go with it. There is no denying for most that their first party stuff is pretty above and beyond what the competition does honestly. You can regularly find great bundle deals on them, Black Friday was awesome for this specifically, also much smaller and easier to travel with then the other two guys(ok 3, PCMR). 

Downsides include Nintendo pricing on games, expect to pay full price for games pretty much forever. Storage capacity blows, but USB storage works for that.