Star Wars Battlefront: So Close Yet So Far

MastuhWaffles

I've been waiting a long time for a good star wars game to come out, and I thought this was going to be the one.

Well, after playing the beta I got pretty excited, it ran well and looked great.

But now that I actually own the game I can't seem to really continue playing it.

I'd recommend TB's video here to explain some issues.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtwK6Oe23I

Here's the thing though. This game is a rip off, the content was kept out of the game and held back behind a $50 pay wall. And that doesn't guarantee it's even good.

They haven't worked on any balancing or fixes for the invincible glitch.

Its this beautiful curtain, but behind it reveals a pile of turds.

Why couldn't they have just gone the extra mile and made this a top notch game.

They were so close! SO CLOSE!

I mean I played this game for awhile, eventually I ended up unlocking the DL-44, but its no fun, the same maps over and over, no server browser, I can't even see what map I'm joining.

I really hope they improve this game, they really need to give us the DLC for free, because 4 maps is BS.

This is just me, I'm sure other people are having a good time with it.

Do you honestly think if they could've gone the extra mile that wouldn't of?

You have to please investors and the higher ups first.

All we can do is hope for a better game next time.

Do you honestly think if they could've gone the extra mile that wouldn't of?

You have to please investors and the higher ups first.

All we can do is hope for a better game next time.

I felt like DICE was held back.

Maybe give it time? I mean Battlefield 4 is pretty solid now, plus the free DLC.

I was like you, I really enjoyed the Alpha, although it was one map it was fun.

For the beta I played with a few of my friends, and I just felt bored it was the same thing again and again and I knew I wouldn't like it.

The game is beautiful, but as most don't seem to understand having great graphics doesn't make a great game.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I was like you, I really enjoyed the Alpha, although it was one map it was fun.

For the beta I played with a few of my friends, and I just felt bored it was the same thing again and again and I knew I wouldn't like it.

The game is beautiful, but as most don't seem to understand having great graphics doesn't make a good game.

I even paid only $30 for the game and I still feel like it's not even worth that.

Maybe give it time? I mean Battlefield 4 is pretty solid now, plus the free DLC.

I really don't think Battlefront will be anything to what BF4 is.

The thing that makes BF4 fun is the vehicles, teamwork and proper "squad" system. While Battlefront does have vehicles they aren't fun to drive and handling is horrible.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I really don't think Battlefront will be anything to what BF4 is.

The thing that makes BF4 fun is the vehicles, teamwork and proper "squad" system. While Battlefront does have vehicles they aren't fun to drive and handling is horrible.

It's also the fact that the vehicles are unbalanced.

If this game was just a clone of BF4 that would have made it fun.

I felt like DICE was held back.

Indeed, i think DICE LA is going to hopefully fix it up.

It's a alright game, although it could have been better

It's also the fact that the vehicles are unbalanced.

If this game was just a clone of BF4 that would have made it fun.

Yes, people do say it is a clone of BF but they're far off.

If I had to compare to a game, it would be COD, I believe Battlefront is even more casual than COD.

Yes, people do say it is a clone of BF but they're far off.

If I had to compare to a game, it would be COD, I believe Battlefront is even more casual than COD.

At least in cod you have to work for your kills (usually).

In BF you just get the homing shot and get a free kill.

I am just annoyed that it doesn't have local multiplayer for pc.... 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

EA will not make this piece of shit Game any better. They will milk every single Penny out of casuals who are willing to pay for that Joke.

And why shouldn´t say? Gamers are stupid. We could end this, but no, there are always People who throw Money at those F@%$.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Getting shafted left right and center. In 90 games played, only 10 have been local games.

Always seeing 220-250ms with the network overlay in pretty much every game.

NO Server browser is the killer for me, Not being able to choose the latency I wanna play at.

I have the same experience as this, 100% the same.

/I've done the known fix's too, GoogleDNS and Opened ports... Nothing has changed.

I'm stuck in the middle too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Getting shafted left right and center. In 90 games played, only 10 have been local games.

Always seeing 220-250ms with the network overlay in pretty much every game.

NO Server browser is the killer for me, Not being able to choose the latency I wanna play at.

https://youtu.be/U3tqtp7sAu0

I have the same experience as this, 100% the same.

/I've done the known fix's too, GoogleDNS and Opened ports... Nothing has changed.

I'm stuck in the middle too.

Maybe because you live in Australia....

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Maybe because you live in Australia....

Thats no excuse for it whatsoever!

And there ARE Australian servers. The game just wont put any of us in them. It's pretty pathetic.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thats no excuse for it whatsoever!

And there ARE Australian servers. The game just wont put any of us in them. It's pretty pathetic.

Poor Australians always getting the short end of the stick, however to say it's a huge problem isn't correct. Maybe only for you guys, I remember seeing a bunch if threads like this for CSGO and many other games as well.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Poor Australians always getting the short end of the stick, however to say it's a huge problem isn't correct. Maybe only for you guys

It is a huge problem, Many other people from different countries as well, it's not just Australians getting affected by being put in other countries servers.

If you read up on this actual problem specifically with SWBF, you'll see its a worldwide issue, many reports by users are being put up everyday across multiple sites.

It is a huge problem, it's not just Australians getting affected by being put in other countries servers.

If you read up on this actual problem, you'll see its a worldwide issue.

Considering I've never heard of this problem and no one I've played with has ever, nor have I seen someone with 250 pin in every single game think it's on your end/situation where you live no need to blame the whole game. If you look up anything there's always gonna be a forum post or a few topics on it.

Considering I've never heard of this problem and no one I've played with has ever, nor have I seen someone with 250 pin in every single game think it's on your end/situation where you live no need to blame the whole game. If you look up anything there's always gonna be a forum post or a few topics on it.

Just because you've never had the problem does not mean it does not exist. Also on the point you can't SEE pings in game (without the overlay) so of course you've never seen it on OTHER users. I see it ALL the time in the chat, in a USA server I've been put in that other Aussies playing that game with me, all have the same issue getting local games.

It's rife all over Aussie forums, and site groups and in the Battlefront forums as well.

Again.. just because YOUR not experiencing it, does not mean it isn't happening.

While I'm typing angry, I don't mean to incite an argument here by showing my anger, I'm angry at the game, as are many others with the EXACT same issue.

"I had the same problem, matchmaking server connecting me to Japanese hosted servers (ping >200ms), not fun experience."

"The amount of times I have pumped heaps of lazers into someones back with hits registering,only to have them turn around and 1 shot me is unbelievable. Or throw a detonator down a hallway only to have it explode right next to you. I tried the NetworkPerfOverlay.Enable 1 and found out my ping is around 170 on every game I join. The only way I can get on an Aussie server is to join off someone already playing."

"On the multiplayer selection screen I get a ping of around 30ms but when I join a game it's up over 150ms.

This is kinda balls.."

"It feels like my aim never connects and when I'm shooting someone it doesn't register. Then I checked my ping and it was obviously connected to a US server because my ping was 220ms."

"Always at 200MS, when bumping into people it does that weird lag/compensation shit."

Just because you've never had the problem does not mean it does not exist. Also on the point you can't SEE pings in game (without the overlay) so of course you've never seen it on OTHER users. I see it ALL the time in the chat, in a USA server I've been put in that other Aussies playing that game with me, all have the same issue getting local games.

It's rife all over Aussie forums, and site groups and in the Battlefront forums as well.

Again.. just because YOUR not experiencing it, does not mean it isn't happening.

While I'm typing angry, I don't mean to incite an argument here by showing my anger, I'm angry at the game, as are many others with the EXACT same issue.

"I had the same problem, matchmaking server connecting me to Japanese hosted servers (ping >200ms), not fun experience."

"The amount of times I have pumped heaps of lazers into someones back with hits registering,only to have them turn around and 1 shot me is unbelievable. Or throw a detonator down a hallway only to have it explode right next to you. I tried the NetworkPerfOverlay.Enable 1 and found out my ping is around 170 on every game I join. The only way I can get on an Aussie server is to join off someone already playing."

"On the multiplayer selection screen I get a ping of around 30ms but when I join a game it's up over 150ms.

This is kinda balls.."

"It feels like my aim never connects and when I'm shooting someone it doesn't register. Then I checked my ping and it was obviously connected to a US server because my ping was 220ms."

"Always at 200MS, when bumping into people it does that weird lag/compensation shit."

It's an assuie problem as I said, should read before getting so angry. Aussies servers are usually always awful so.

It's an aussie problem as I said, should read before getting so angry. Aussies servers are usually always awful so.

^lol I should read what...Your the one who's not reading anything..

It's NOT just Aussies affected, many other countries have this issue too, the only reason I'm focusing on Aussies, is cos thats MY situation.

It's more widespread than you know, but if you don't care enough to read about how it's true, and not read what the entirety of what people are posting.. why are you replying then?

A few google search's show many countries are getting shafted by being put in HIGH-latency servers (repeatedly, without local games happening at all)

Here is just ONE - http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/12431/bad-gaming-experience-with-a-high-latency-spain-canary-island

With users from OTHER countries posting they are having the same issue.

I could find many of these all day and put them here for you but you wont read them will you.?

At least in cod you have to work for your kills (usually).

In BF you just get the homing shot and get a free kill.

is that a joke I don't see a /s

I'm disappointed with Battlefront. DICE was really held back and forced to make a game that would please the masses, and come out before the movie. Video games these days (AAA titles at least) are just investments. Publishers like EA, Activision and Ubisoft don't really care as much when it comes to making games as long as they make the investors happy. DICE is a really good developer, they have lots of resources to make the best game possible. But, they're a studio owned by EA. 

So, Battlefront suffered. I'm not getting any kind of connection issues or anything, but I'm sure getting bugs. The maps are so few that I'm bored of them, the game modes aren't fun to play over and over (I still play Rush on BF3 to this day, even though I own and play BF4) the combat kinda sucks (I know it's Star Wars, but even in the old Battlefront games the blasters got REALLY INACCURATE after about two or so seconds of firing, in this game I can just hold down the trigger and hit every shot of what I'm aiming at.) Vehicles are unbalanced, flying sucks, some of the blasters are useless.. It's all a big mess. 

They really just pooped out a really good looking, not fun Star Wars game. 

I used to be quite active here.

^lol I should read what...Your the one who's not reading anything..

It's NOT just Aussies affected, many other countries have this issue too, the only reason I'm focusing on Aussies, is cos thats MY situation.

It's more widespread than you know, but if you don't care enough to read about how it's true, and not read what the entirety of what people are posting.. why are you replying then?

A few google search's show many countries are getting shafted by being put in HIGH-latency servers (repeatedly, without local games happening at all)

Here is just ONE - http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/12431/bad-gaming-experience-with-a-high-latency-spain-canary-island

With users from OTHER countries posting they are having the same issue.

I could find many of these all day and put them here for you but you wont read them will you.?

I agree that its a big problem. Not only for the people in the affected countries but also for people who want to play with said people. To say that this isnt really a big problem is dumb and ignorant

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

is that a joke I don't see a /s

I'm disappointed with Battlefront.The maps are so few that I'm bored of them, the game modes aren't fun to play over and over ,. Vehicles are unbalanced, flying sucks, some of the blasters are useless.. It's all a big mess. 

Agree with much of that, esp the vehicles balance and esp the flying!

I agree that its a big problem. Not only for the people in the affected countries but also for people who want to play with said people. To say that this isnt really a big problem is dumb and ignorant

The only way.. literally, the ONLY way to get a local game, is to join off a friend who has NO issues. However few and far between that is... (esp since my playtime is about 10pm-midnight/1am) and some/most of my friends are not online then.

Agree with much of that, esp the vehicles balance and esp the flying!

Yeah.. It really seems the flying was aimed towards being easy, but they just made it more difficult. They already had a perfect Jet system in Frostbite 3 (battlefield 4,) but they chose to make a stupid, boring flying system that hurts my head when using M+KB. 

I would say a saving grace for the vehicles is that they they're rare, but the problem is (like in every Battlefield) that a single person can camp spawn and always get the vehicle they want, not letting anybody else use ANYTHING. 

I used to be quite active here.