Sennheiser CX 300 II or Sony MDR-XB50AP

roboplex22

So I've narrowed down my in-ear headphone search to two contenders. The CX-300 II by Sennheiser and the MDR-XB50AP by Sony. I've heard great things about both, and they're about the same price on Amazon. Which one should I buy? Ive owned a pair of cheap $10 Sonys in the past and loved them to death, but they broke way too easily. I've never had a pair of Sennheisers, but would be willing to try a new brand. What do you all think? Or should I just buy the $6 Panasonics xD?

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

The Sony MDR-XB50AP/B has a larger frequency range of pitches with a lower bass and higher treble output.

Both of these headphones have closed system operating principles which work well for bass heavy music.

Both of these headphones have the same impedance, which means they both require the same amount of power to produce a certain volume level.

It depends on your preference: more or less bass?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

The Sony MDR-XB50AP/B has a larger frequency range of pitches with a lower bass and higher treble output.

Both of these headphones have closed system operating principles which work well for bass heavy music.

Both of these headphones have the same impedance, which means they both require the same amount of power to produce a certain volume level.

It depends on your preference: more or less bass?

I tend to prefer more bass, but not overpowering. A good amount, but I still want to be able to hear my music xD.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

I tend to prefer more bass, but not overpowering. A good amount, but I still want to be able to hear my music xD.

The sound won't be as clear and crisp as on the CX' s.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

The sound won't be as clear and crisp as on the CX' s.

Ill probably go with the CXs then. I listen to a lot of podcasts besides my music so I think the clear/crisp audio would be more important in my case.